Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like this. 100% prefer something add-on versus built in tech like Ford

44Dan44

Reaction score
I saw with interest the new tech Ford has brought to the HD lineup for 2024. I really like the idea but I WOULD NOT care for Ford to have yet another piece of data to use against you if you might go a smidge overweight. I thought at the time it was announced, great idea, give me the aftermarket version completely separate from Ford telematics.
I look forward to an accessory manufacturer developing a payload scale/sensor system that any truck owner can add to see what their weights are real time.

Weigh Safe did this long ago with hitch receivers and I see they now have a gooseneck option. I like it.
What say you?
Image 9-11-23 at 10.19 AM.jpg

Separately I think that's a real good price consider the B&W kit runs $300, Curt at $344 and OEM Ram at $350 all without a scale.

Image 9-11-23 at 10.04 AM.jpg

mountainears

Reaction score
I think the onboard scale came first on their lightning electric F150. At least that is where I first saw it.

I do think it is a good feature for bed capacity, having it measure tongue and/ or 5th wheel hitch weight would be a good safety thing.

That said, I think many feel the 2500s are underrated and if they got to a point where it disabled you for being over the rated weight you’d probably have a bunch of pissed off 2500 owners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44Dan44

Reaction score
I think the onboard scale came first on their lightning electric F150. At least that is where I first saw it.

I do think it is a good feature for bed capacity, having it measure tongue and/ or 5th wheel hitch weight would be a good safety thing.

That said, I think many feel the 2500s are underrated and if they got to a point where it disabled you for being over the rated weight you’d probably have a bunch of pissed off 2500 owners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes on F150 first. Whether 2500 or 3500 or 150/250/350/450 a disabling component by the manufacturer which is what most are talking about even though it hasn't seemingly presented itself is why I would like a separate add-on system. The nanny features from a manufacturer are undesirable for many reasons.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Its a great idea i wonder if it fits nice and tight like the curt one? Some have reported the B&W fits loosely

Pearce

Reaction score
I got that weigh safe ball with the intent of balancing my load better. However, it ended up being too tall. I can't adjust the gooseneck receiver up high enough to level the trailer. So, it now goes unused. One of these days I will use it just to see what load it reads but that requires more time than I allow myself trying to head out of town on a trip, lol

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
I’ve got the Weigh Safe goose for my B&W, love it. Fits like a glove, no slop whatsoever.

Not the greatest pic but only one handy.

Attachments

• IMG_2147.jpeg
    IMG_2147.jpeg
    465.5 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread