Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does RAM know what my current mileage is?

ranchomerced

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Ram 2500 Gas 6.4. Got an email from RAM and it says what my current mileage is on the email. Is the Truck hooked up to the internet somehow? If so how do I block this invasion of privacy? Will it affect any other features if I can do so?

ranchomerced

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 3500 6.7 also.. Should I assume they know my truck has had "modifications" too? This is frightening.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Big brother is watching your truck. They know when you move, where you park, all about your vehicle parameters. Depending on "modifications" I suspect they know about some of that too. Probably anything that would turn on a trouble light.

flan

Reaction score
Connected services. I believe you get a trial period for a year where you can log in on your phone and check up on your truck, remote start, lock/unlock etc.. They also use that info to send you service reminders, etc. there was a connected services delete thread on here a while back.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Yep, they have been doing it for years. My 2016 did it as well. Welcome to the information age.....

rfullen280

Reaction score
Yep. Now you can disconnect your cellular module from the back of yer Uconnect radio... not sure if that works, but someone out there knows how. Remember that 4G Wifi hub? It talks both ways.

JimKIII

Reaction score
I never subscribed to Connected Services and when the SiriusXM trial date lapse I did not subscribe to that either. Yet, two years later I still get the monthly report. So it has nothing to do with Connected Services or anything else subscription based that I can figure out.

There is a way to supposedly disable all telemetry data being sent out, which is in the "Uconnect and SiriusXM Guardian Terms of Service" found here: https://www.driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian/terms.html

"If you do not want any Emergency Data to be collected, or used, or shared by FCA US or Sirius XM, you must request the emergency services be deactivated together with the Services by calling us at 1-844-796-4827 and ask to cancel Uconnect and SiriusXM Guardian Services for privacy reasons."

I intend to do this when my factory warranty runs out.

Users who are viewing this thread