Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horsepower

dale.ruder

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m looking to get more HP out of my 2022 Ram 2500 hemi. I’ve been thinking about installing and S&B cold air intake, larger throttle body, throttle body spacer, magna exhaust system, and a tuner. ( not sure which). Please feel to comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firebird

Reaction score
Long tubes and a tune from Greene Racing will give you the best gains

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
In your list of mods the ONLY thing that will get you gains is the tuner unless that exhaust system is a manifold back setup…. The rest of that stuff is paper weights unless you have more bigger injectors that would make the larger throttle body useful

dale.ruder

Reaction score
In your list of mods the ONLY thing that will get you gains is the tuner unless that exhaust system is a manifold back setup…. The rest of that stuff is paper weights unless you have more bigger injectors that would make the larger throttle body useful

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
If you are wanting a little more sound from the exhaust, just remove the resonator. Gives a little more sound and no drone like a lot of aftermarket systems do.

jsalbre

Reaction score
If you are wanting a little more sound from the exhaust, just remove the resonator. Gives a little more sound and no drone like a lot of aftermarket systems do.
I’m a fan of the easy sound improvement, but if you do remove the resonator make sure you get some replacement piping in there. Just taking that back section off and leaving it open under the bed can have some less-than-ideal consequences…

dale.ruder

Reaction score

That’s what I was thinking too. From what I read. I’ve all ready have a true CAI from factory. Which is good. However, Wouldn’t Buying an after market CAI improve the sound as well. I know it it did on my 2008 hemi when I would get on it. Or would it give me more issues down the road.

Enve46

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but I like aftermarket intakes. Understand the little gain you may get you won’t feel or notice but it does sound nice. I have used intakes on several vehicles, some added benefit/gains that were noticeable, some didn’t. On NA engines like ours it’s not likely going to do much if at all. That said, if you’re doing supporting modifications like tune, headers exhaust etc, I do believe there’s gains to be had.

And everyone is right that the engine can only call for so much air due to head, intake design, there’s really no refuting that. Any possible gain is likely due to less restrictive filter which has its own issues or less turbulence but neither is enough for you to feel in our trucks.

I say do what you want, it’s your money your truck.

Riddick

Reaction score
Throw on a set of quality longtube headers and see if you are happy. On modern v8s you will pick up around 30 hp from the longtubes alone. If you desire more power find a tuner who will make you a custom tune. https://americanracingheaders.com/p...truck-2015-up-long-system?variant=29943899204.

Throttle body and spacer are a complete waste, save your money. Intake will give you a little sound and a few hp in the upper revs but don't expect more than 5hp or so. The headers will improve the exhaust sound a little. The older I get the more and more I love the sound of longtubes through the OEM mufflers at least on LS and Coyote cars.

dale.ruder

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but I like aftermarket intakes. Understand the little gain you may get you won’t feel or notice but it does sound nice. I have used intakes on several vehicles, some added benefit/gains that were noticeable, some didn’t. On NA engines like ours it’s not likely going to do much if at all. That said, if you’re doing supporting modifications like tune, headers exhaust etc, I do believe there’s gains to be had.

And everyone is right that the engine can only call for so much air due to head, intake design, there’s really no refuting that. Any possible gain is likely due to less restrictive filter which has its own issues or less turbulence but neither is enough for you to feel in our trucks.

I say do what you want, it’s your money your truck.

Thanks man. All the feedback is very important and appreciated. This will me decide on what and were to spend my money on

dale.ruder

Reaction score
Throw on a set of quality longtube headers and see if you are happy. On modern v8s you will pick up around 30 hp from the longtubes alone. If you desire more power find a tuner who will make you a custom tune. https://americanracingheaders.com/p...truck-2015-up-long-system?variant=29943899204.

Throttle body and spacer are a complete waste, save your money. Intake will give you a little sound and a few hp in the upper revs but don't expect more than 5hp or so. The headers will improve the exhaust sound a little. The older I get the more and more I love the sound of longtubes through the OEM mufflers at least on LS and Coyote cars.

Thank for you feedback. I think I’ll start a set of long tube headers And go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread