Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Output Diesel badge on tailgate

NWWIRAM

Reaction score
I am not sure if my 2012 3500 is a 4th generation or not, if it isn't, please correct me on that. The question I have is that I have two badges on my tailgate. One says Big Horn and the other says High Output Diesel. The window sticker has no mention of a High Output Diesel. It just says; Engine: 6.7-Liter Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine. Does that mean that somehow the High Output Diesel badge on the tailgate was mistakenly placed there? I am the only owner of this truck and I know I didn't put it there. Or...is there a mistake on the window sticker? Is there a visual difference between the SO and the HO engines?

NWWIRAM

Reaction score
HO became the standard engine 2011.5.

View attachment 10330
Thanks, Brutal! Funny how I was thinking of you as I was posting the question. You seem to be a wealth of information. That is the badge I have on my tailgate and I would have posted a photo of it, but the rear bumper is up against a wall in a storage unit. I won't be starting the truck again until March probably, so no photo. I like to keep the truck salt free here in Wisconsin.

Users who are viewing this thread