Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High oil level, Looking For Input

phatboy64

Reaction score
Great! Thanks for the quick response, like I mentioned I normally wouldn’t think much about this but recent concerns with other members got me thinking..

Thanks

BlueOx2500

Reaction score
I am bumping this thread, I just had my oil changed for the first time in this truck by a local shop, after sitting for about three hours my oil level is pretty much exactly like the picture in post #14. There is not a lot of level ground around my home so letting it sit overnight on level ground is not possible. That said it looked level but when I put a level on my running boards it looks like the truck may have been about 2“ higher at the front.
I have never really paid this much attention to this but this and the other thread with the fuel in the oil has me over thinking this.

my question is, is this too much oil or should I leave it alone…
Leaving it should be fine. I have essentially been running my truck like that now for 24k miles.

I give up on trying to get dealers/local shops actually keep the oil within the hatch marks. If I really want to keep it between the lines I have to change it myself and I don't have a good spot to do that.

This last time a couple days ago I took the truck to a local shop - very reasonable, good guys - and I gave them the filter and the 3 gal of Shell T6 10w30. I specifically asked for them to let it drain long enough so as not to overfill it. I even said maybe don't use all 12 qts. They used all 12 anyway and the oil still looks slightly overfull.

Users who are viewing this thread