Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Height to Hitch Opening on PW with 35s

stancedeuros

Reaction score
Hey fellas

I'm super aware that the stock Power Wagon receiver height will be taller than my current Rebels. I'm trying to find someone who has 35s, and will take a measurement from the ground to the top opening of the hitch receiver opening. This will help me calculate the amount of drop hitch I'll need to expect before getting the truck. Not one single Gen 4.5 on a lot within 60 miles of me. ha

TIA

stancedeuros

Reaction score
Do you still need this?
I sure do if you have the time! I found a PW Rebel(Diesel) and drove 30 minutes just to take this measurement but it didn't have 35s, so I was going to add 1" to my measurement. Thanks in advance!

Etoimos

Reaction score
I'll try and remember to do it when I get home this afternoon. I just put the 35s on this past week.

Etoimos

Reaction score
I just measured mine and it is 21 1/8" to the bottom of the receiver opening and 23 5/8" to the top of the receiver opening. But this might not be a good measurement for you as I run about 400-450 pounds of topper and other stuff in the bed of my truck all the time. I know that causes some squat.

stancedeuros

Reaction score
Thanks for the measurement! That gives me an idea of where it will sit loaded down with some bed payload.

jsalbre

Reaction score
If it’s a Rebel you’re going to be about an inch and a half lower. A “true” Power Wagon has taller springs than a Rebel.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Are you looking to get a fixed drop hitch? I went with an 8in adjustable drop for mine since I kept getting conflicting input and since we have different trailers we pull. I did the WeighSafe unit. Not cheap, but well built and nice to know if I'm exceeding tongue weight since the PW springs are very different from a regular 2500.

TUBBS

Reaction score
Hey fellas

I'm super aware that the stock Power Wagon receiver height will be taller than my current Rebels. I'm trying to find someone who has 35s, and will take a measurement from the ground to the top opening of the hitch receiver opening. This will help me calculate the amount of drop hitch I'll need to expect before getting the truck. Not one single Gen 4.5 on a lot within 60 miles of me. ha

TIA
I have LT 285/70R17 (35's)that measurement is 25 1/4 can send pic if need

stancedeuros

Reaction score
I have LT 285/70R17 (35's)that measurement is 25 1/4 can send pic if need
I think those are 33s, but not a big deal. My Power Wagon is in the driveway now and I grabbed some measurements! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread