Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated steering wheel

Lteberle

Reaction score
2022 2500 Laramie (700 miles)-heated steering wheel won’t stay on. Push the button, it lights up for second or so and turns itself off. Go into unconnected screen and turn it on their, same thing.
Off to the dealer……-4 this morning would have been nice to have.

BcMac23

Reaction score
What did they figure out? Mine does the same

Lteberle

Reaction score
I found out if I just shut off the truck and restart it, it’s works again.
It’s only happened 2 or 3 times in the last couple months.
I haven’t contacted the dealer yet. Figured they wouldn’t find anything anyway since it works most of the time.

BcMac23

Reaction score
That's what mine was doing but now I've got nothing

Lteberle

Reaction score
If it’s under warranty, I’d get it in. I’d would be pretty easy to find the problem when it’s not working at all.

LimitedLonghorn

Reaction score
I found out if I just shut off the truck and restart it, it’s works again.
It’s only happened 2 or 3 times in the last couple months.
I haven’t contacted the dealer yet. Figured they wouldn’t find anything anyway since it works most of the time.

My 2022 had/has the same problem. Dealer had it in the shop for a few days and could not reproduce. Go figure. Hopefully it’s not an issue down the line but at least it’s documented now.

waveslayer

Reaction score
I had several issues with my Raptor, took videos with my cell phone. Then the stealership stopped telling me they couldn't reproduce it. I've done this about 5 different times, hard for them to disprove at that point. Had them replace every issues that way

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
My 22 with the 12.1 has been doing the same thing with the heated wheel, I have found it only happens when I remote start my truck. I took it into the dealer while it was not working and had them take a video of it and document it. They had me bring it back in and replaced the steering wheel but that has not fixed the issue and has not worked twice since replacement. They are waiting on an answer from Star on what to do next.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Update on my heated steering wheel, back in February 2022 I had the steering wheel replaced at 1800 miles on my 2022 that seemed to fix my issue with it immediately turning off after 1-2 seconds. Fast forward to October 2022 and the issue had returned, so they once again replaced the steering wheel but that did not fix it, so next on the list they replaced the clock spring which has seemed to have addressed the issue so far.

So if your UC5 is having heated steering wheel issues have them look into the clock spring.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread