Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heated steering wheel heater not working.

Bill Snyder

Reaction score
If I try to turn on the wheel heater... the display heater icon turns on for a few seconds and then shuts off. If I start my RAM 2500 with the remote start, the heater will heat the wheel until I get in the truck and hit the start button.

I bought my 2018 RAM used from a Ram dealer and I have not paid for U-Connect. I was wondering if it is something the previous owner had programmed, and if so, is their a way that I can change it? The dealer said even though I bought the extended warranty, they would charge me a $250-$300 diagnostics fee just to see what's wrong. Not sure the heated wheel feature is worth it. Anybody have any ideas?

steve49

Reaction score
Here is a link that discusses issues with the heated steering wheel. I have a 2019 2500 CTD that came with heated wheel and seats, and I've never used them. If I were using and had an issue with either and not covered under warranty, I probably wouldn't pay to have fixed, truck cab warms up pretty quick.

Bill Snyder

Reaction score
I live in Minnesota and it gets very cold, below zero in common in winter so a heated wheel would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread