Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard Downshifts

Sponge60

Reaction score
I've noticed my 3500 SO downshifts into 2nd gear really hard occasionally. It's happened while towing a fifth wheel RV and during normal unloaded trips. Happens infrequently. Only happens going back into second. I usually keep the exhaust brake on all the time. Truck is bone stock, 9500 miles. Anyone else have this issue? Is it a concern?

CAB993

Reaction score
I've noticed my 3500 SO downshifts into 2nd gear really hard occasionally. It's happened while towing a fifth wheel RV and during normal unloaded trips. Happens infrequently. Only happens going back into second. I usually keep the exhaust brake on all the time. Truck is bone stock, 9500 miles. Anyone else have this issue? Is it a concern?
My 2500 does this on occasion and I’ve only got 4900 miles. I’m not sure if it’s 1st or 2nd gear when it happens since I typically drive about 4-5 mph up my gravel road. I hope it’s not an issue moving forward (no pun intended), but the next time I’m at a dealer I’ll bring it up and see what they say.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hey there,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Ram dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread