Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gooseneck with Ramboxes

Vroooom

Reaction score
Howdy folks.
I Just ordered a 2500 Mega with 6.4 and ramboxes.
Ive read posts discussing the aftermarket installation of 5th wheel hitches, but didnt see anything talking about folks who have actually SUCCESSFULLY used a gooseneck with ramboxes.
Ive seen several youtube videos on the subject....but Ive seen lots of stuff on youtube that is dubious, at best.
So, I figured I'd ask yall.....whatcha think? Can I? More importantly, SHOULD I ?
Thanks for your constructinve input.
Have a great weekend.

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
I didn't order my truck. But with it being higher than any truck I've owned and first(only?) new one I didn't wanna do my cross bed box. Ram boxes would have been sweet but I needed factory goose prep. Heck I didn't own the truck yet and has the ball kit sitting at home.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Howdy folks.
I Just ordered a 2500 Mega with 6.4 and ramboxes.
Ive read posts discussing the aftermarket installation of 5th wheel hitches, but didnt see anything talking about folks who have actually SUCCESSFULLY used a gooseneck with ramboxes.
Ive seen several youtube videos on the subject....but Ive seen lots of stuff on youtube that is dubious, at best.
So, I figured I'd ask yall.....whatcha think? Can I? More importantly, SHOULD I ?
Thanks for your constructinve input.
Have a great weekend.
I put a Curt gooseneck mount in my truck with the boxes and the only downside I can see is it will be tight crawling in to hook up the chains and lock the coupler.

zblink1888

Reaction score
I put a Curt gooseneck mount in my truck with the boxes and the only downside I can see is it will be tight crawling in to hook up the chains and lock the coupler.

Did yours fit?

Both pn 60633 on my 19 ram and looking at etrailers install video more closely there are fitment issues

Wmhjr

Reaction score
I wonder if there would be issues if you needed to use a setback extender on a short bed. Severe left/right may cause the arm to hit the ram box? Personally though, I liked the looks of the Ram box, but would never give up the bed space.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I wonder if there would be issues if you needed to use a setback extender on a short bed. Severe left/right may cause the arm to hit the ram box? Personally though, I liked the looks of the Ram box, but would never give up the bed space.
Depends on how your goose neck is my trailer would clear just like any other style box

Wmhjr

Reaction score
Depends on how your goose neck is my trailer would clear just like any other style box

Like I said, I have a Gooseneck Extender to deal with the large square wide box on my horse trailer and the short bed similar to this one:
1610468219621.png

Due to the dimensions of the box and the very tight situations I'm frequently in with this trailer, it's a requirement.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Like I said, I have a Gooseneck Extender to deal with the large square wide box on my horse trailer and the short bed similar to this one:
View attachment 10479

Due to the dimensions of the box and the very tight situations I'm frequently in with this trailer, it's a requirement.
Well unless that extender is 2ft you would be fine as you are pivoting off center with a 48” wide box.... i must have missed you saying you had one of those but that being said i have retrofitted older cattle trailers by removing the square corners as making them 45* also helps the trailer cut through the air better

Wmhjr

Reaction score
Well unless that extender is 2ft you would be fine as you are pivoting off center with a 48” wide box.... i must have missed you saying you had one of those but that being said i have retrofitted older cattle trailers by removing the square corners as making them 45* also helps the trailer cut through the air better

Nope - I have no interest whatsoever in modifying the trailer. It's an excellent Four Star trailer, and that area is the sleeping part of the living quarters. This isn't a stock trailer. I didn't know how much space there is between the ram box area to be honest. Just wondered. But again - for me - the GN not even being considered - I need the bed space a lot more than the ram boxes.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Nope - I have no interest whatsoever in modifying the trailer. It's an excellent Four Star trailer, and that area is the sleeping part of the living quarters. This isn't a stock trailer. I didn't know how much space there is between the ram box area to be honest. Just wondered. But again - for me - the GN not even being considered - I need the bed space a lot more than the ram boxes.
The bed space is 49” i believe basically a touch narrower than the regular bed between the fenders, i like the idea of the ram boxes but i need a full size bed i wish they made a 10ft bed to be honest the amount of time 8 feet is just not enough

Xflight29

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think the only available gooseneck trailer hitch that will work with the Ramboxe 3500 is the B&W turnover ball underbed hitch, as long as you have or can purchase the rail kit.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Mine is 2500.zero issues with clearance. It was a heavy hunk of iron to bench press up there and as with all installs it would be much easier the second time :confused:.

Users who are viewing this thread