Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fuel rail foam molding

Pedro62

Reaction score
I just added a Calibrated Power tuner, Monster-Ram Intake, Boost Tube Kit and Banks CAI. During the Monster -Ram install and deleting the heater grid I did not reinstall the foam piece around the fuel rail. I like not having it there because it is easy to see any fuel leaks should they occur. Has anyone else left that off @ any mods. I think it's purpose is to hide the sound of the injectors but I don't hear them without it.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

CTF2019

Reaction score
Supposedly that foam is not present on C&C trucks. It’s purely for injector noise suppression.

Years ago, there were even a few fires from those things melting, so yeah, leave it off.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Removed mine after I installed grid heater delete and monster ram from a 4th gen. You do get some more injector noise but no differences otherwise. Opens up the engine bay quite a bit too.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
mines been MIA ever since my ram horn install as well....purely for noise abatement....leave it off....

Users who are viewing this thread