Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel filters on '21 3500

Southernspeed

Reaction score
Admittedly I'm no stranger to my tool box, never have been, but I'm also no spring chicken. I did my first fuel filter change today, front and back. Watched a couple of youtube vids and went for it. I didn't time myself but I reckon it took 30-45 mins (not knowing what I was doing and also not rushing ... I'm way past rushing these days). The OEM parts cost around $150 from Geno's so .... why is my local stealership asking $430 to do this job? I know there's 'environmental charges' and whatever other rip off charges they can think of but really, $430? And after telling me that they can't reprogram TPIS to TPMS without me spending $1k on sensors (I did it myself with AlphaOBD) and they can't rotate my (dually) tires without dismounting all six tires ( I rotated as per handbook) I have zero faith in them now and won't be going back to them.
Is it really so hard to employ knowledgeable mechanics? OK, rant over. I thought I was done with crawling around under trucks but these clowns proved me wrong!

Deltron

Reaction score
My Discount Tire store dismounts, remounts and rebalances the 6 tires for free. Since the inner wheels are steel instead of aluminum it's the only way to properly do it.

Southernspeed

Reaction score
My Discount Tire store dismounts, remounts and rebalances the 6 tires for free. Since the inner wheels are steel instead of aluminum it's the only way to properly do it.
Mine are steel all around so no need to dismount. You just have to swap inner rear to inner rear as they have different transponders to the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread