Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front turn signal out

Gcamm1

Reaction score
Hello i have a 2022 ram 2500 tradesman. I had cannbus ready leds in my front turn signals. Here and there one bulb would stop flashing and i could trick it back into working. Just had my vehicle serviced at the dealer and now my passenger front turn signal wont work. Multimeter shows the plug getting .07volts. Running lights work and all other lights are working. Trailer lights work as do plow lights. I have reset the battery left cable connected to eachother, drove the truck. I just cant seem to get the computer to see it has regular bulbs again and it wont send out the correct voltage or recognize the bulb isnt out anymore.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hello i have a 2022 ram 2500 tradesman. I had cannbus ready leds in my front turn signals. Here and there one bulb would stop flashing and i could trick it back into working. Just had my vehicle serviced at the dealer and now my passenger front turn signal wont work. Multimeter shows the plug getting .07volts. Running lights work and all other lights are working. Trailer lights work as do plow lights. I have reset the battery left cable connected to eachother, drove the truck. I just cant seem to get the computer to see it has regular bulbs again and it wont send out the correct voltage or recognize the bulb isnt out anymore.
Did you use alfa obd to set the system to LED lights?

RyanYNH

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. I had aftermarket LED bulbs. Truck went in for an oil change and the whole right front was out. Replaced all lamps with the originals and still nothing. Dealer found a broken wiring harness connector and replaced it under warrant. It was the passenger side front

Gcamm1

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. I had aftermarket LED bulbs. Truck went in for an oil change and the whole right front was out. Replaced all lamps with the originals and still nothing. Dealer found a broken wiring harness connector and replaced it under warrant. It was the passenger side front
Interesting its the same problem i am haveing but did you have running lights still?

Gcamm1

Reaction score
No, parking lights were fine.
So everything( parking lights) worked beside the front right turn signal. Im going to try alpha obd but damn does it sound just like what happened to yours wonder what plug it was.

RyanYNH

Reaction score
So everything( parking lights) worked beside the front right turn signal. Im going to try alpha obd but damn does it sound just like what happened to yours wonder what plug it was.
Yes, headlights were fine, parking lights ok just no directionals (both bulbs). I got the impression it was common

Gcamm1

Reaction score
Yes, headlights were fine, parking lights ok just no directionals (both bulbs). I got the impression it was common
Okay well atleast i know someone else has had the problem hard to believe a connector just breaks on its own. Atleast the one going into the headlight its showing voltage just not enough.

rayzer12

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. I have installed LED Headlights, and LED parking/turn signals. These were all installed in June of 2022 on my 2022 Tradesman. All the lights worked until last Wednesday when I picked up from the dealer (repairing a clunking noise coming from suspension). When I left the dealership I took a right and my in dash turn signal indicator was flashing fast, then I took a left, and the same thing for that one. I pulled over. Parking all regular lights working but both front turn signals were not. I pulled out the led bulbs and replaced with the originals, and still not working. I will be bringing to the dealer this week, unless someone can explain what I can do with the alpha obd to correct the issue. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread