Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front License Plate Bracket Fell Off

Mtippett

Reaction score
Any suggestions for something more sturdy than the OEM one? Lost it on the interstate which was less painful than dealing with ordering a new one from the DMV.
I appreciate any suggestions

2024 Rebel HD

Grey

Reaction score
I ran a couple small bolts thru and put nuts on them behind the bumper. Plenty of room no big deal

2wheelsor4

Reaction score
Mine wasn't installed when I bought it and won't be, my wife and I both have run with out front plates for 10 ish years, always in a state that required them, and never had an issue. On my rebel I put a couple plastic push pins in the bumper holes and they match the paint pretty nicely.

el_barto

Reaction score
Same as others…removed the air dam and just bolted the plate directly. Bent the plate a bit around the bumper so it doesn’t get caught as easily offroad/snow burms

jsalbre

Reaction score

I use this bracket upside down so the license plate folds up covering the winch fairlead. Way better clearance then the stock bracket, metal construction and bolts right on.

View attachment 69261
I haven't been running a front plate because I think they're ugly (and ID doesn't require them if there's no front plate bracket, so I just didn't install one), but I may copy your idea and install my plate just to keep crap off my winch rope.

Users who are viewing this thread