Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flatbed Bodies

Wheelz

Reaction score
For the guys who are running Flatbed bodies. I'm planning to drop in a flatbed with a gooseneck trough. Either a CM or Herrin or suggestions? What I can't find out is how their goosenecks receivers are built into them. As from what I can seek in the video or pictures, its just a type of welded "box" receiver that the ball drops into. I'm assuming these are not tied into the trucks frame? Or during installation, they add the receiver to tie into the truck's frame? So does the whole flatbed support the load of the gooseneck rating? I'm a little confused how it ties into the truck. Set me straight.

ylwrseoftx

Reaction score
It's really going to depend on the maker. Some are built into the bed, some tie in to the frame. Same as attachment...some beds are weld on, some are bolt on. Depends on the make. Your best bet is to call the factory and get the 411 direct from them. Or visit with your closest dealer.

I'm also in the market for a flatbed but mine is a SRW short bed so that's a whole other can of worms

Wheelz

Reaction score
Ah..got it.. Thanks. .I think I made my decision on a Herrin Hauler. I looked into CM but read too many horror stories on warranty where the paint job flaked off in a year and too many complaints on BBB. There was also Norstar but didn't like their style. But most outfits have a leadtime of 8 weeks or more..

ylwrseoftx

Reaction score
CM definitely does NOT have a good rap, for as many as you see on the road. I really like the norstar western hauler w/o the g-neck channel, but not sure it could be made to work/look good on that short bed.

406Linetrash

Reaction score
I had a cm. It was just a recess pocket with braces welded to the flatbed, and the ball welded to that.

I had zero issues with my cm. And it held up a lot better than my Bradford. But, cm doesn’t have the best rep. Just so you know.

Users who are viewing this thread