Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First dent in my new truck......dang it

Highcountry

Reaction score
First new truck ever and I just put my first dent in my 2020 2500. Sheetmetal sure isn't as tough as it used to be. I talked to a buddy that has a body shop and it sound like "live with it"s where I'm at. Backed into a tree branch I couldn't see in the mirror and was too high for the backup sensor. Oh well, I use my trucks, so it probably won't be the last

Attachments

• IMG_4989(1).jpg
    IMG_4989(1).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 51

Highcountry

Reaction score
A good PDR guy should be able to get most if not all of that out
I got hit at home depot and after the guy did his magic you couldn't tell it was ever there
View attachment 38293
Thanks, I'm planning to give it a try. I know the body shop manager at the dealership and they bring a service in. The manager warned me it might not look great because of the crease/body line. It's worth a shot though. Do you recall a rough price for the service?

Highcountry

Reaction score
If you go on genos garage they sell a product called the splash whammo tailgate cap that should cover about 90% of that.
Great tip! This looks like it may be my answer. Depending on price of paintless dent removal I may try that first to get it flat and cover with this cap

superjoe83

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm planning to give it a try. I know the body shop manager at the dealership and they bring a service in. The manager warned me it might not look great because of the crease/body line. It's worth a shot though. Do you recall a rough price for the service?
It was $125 for that dent in mine, it took him about 20 minutes to get it out

Wholeo

Reaction score
Amazing what those paintless dent repair techs can do. I Have used 2 different company's where I live with surprisingly awesome results.

Users who are viewing this thread