Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Femco Standard Drain Set SB 6910015 M18x1.5-T12 for the Cummins

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Makes sense about the thread count, but I was more curious about why you went with the SB (small bore) instead of the LB (large bore). It's my understanding the LB has a larger hole so it would drain faster. They have a LB that is a T14 also.
I did not know about the Large bore, but if you look at this pic I took and it's still not fully open and it will out flow any of the Fumoto valves with a 5/16 hole.

Attachments

• IMG_6473.JPG
    IMG_6473.JPG
    472.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The T10 is the length of the threads that go into the pan and was shorter than the extra OEM drain plug I have on hand and I just did not like the thickness of the flange. Hence that's why I went with the T12 unit and provided measurements of the unit I bought as I wanted to maintain as close to the OEM thread depth as possible.
Just so you know the t10 is the one for these trucks as it will allow all the oil to drain because the extra threads in the t12 will actually leave a few MM of oil in the pan as the oem plug is thicker than the plug bung

Last edited:

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Just so you know the t10 is the one for these trucks as it will allow all the oil to drain because the extra threads in the t12 will actually leave a few MM of oil in the pan as the oem plug is thicker than the plug bung
I was just matching up to an OEM plug and the T12 actually measured at 10.54 from top to the copper gasket. I'm not to worried about maybe 1-2mm of oil left in the bottom of the oil pan if any as there is probably plenty left elsewhere in the block and heads. Since we are putting 3 gallons of fresh oil back in, it will mix with the fresh stuff.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I was just matching up to an OEM plug and the T12 actually measured at 10.54 from top to the copper gasket. I'm not to worried about maybe 1-2mm of oil left in the bottom of the oil pan if any as there is probably plenty left elsewhere in the block and heads. Since we are putting 3 gallons of fresh oil back in, it will mix with the fresh stuff.
Some people are anal thats the only reason i mention it it does not bother me either

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Some people are anal thats the only reason i mention it it does not bother me either
I'm not worried about it, remember for a time I had bigger issues like 2 CP4 pump replacements and no fix in sight. But then I got smart and ordered a 2022 3500 that I've been driving and got rid of that problem.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I thought I would provide a side by side comparison OEM drain bolt to the Femco, I bought the T12 but I was not thinking about the thickness of the copper gasket but keeping it low enough to drain all the old oil out. I think I will be fine.

As @H3LZSN1P3R stated earlier the T10 is what's supposed to be for our trucks.

Attachments

• IMG_6503.JPG
    IMG_6503.JPG
    552.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I thought I would provide a side by side comparison OEM drain bolt to the Femco, I bought the T12 but I was not thinking about the thickness of the copper gasket but keeping it low enough to drain all the old oil out. I think I will be fine.

As @H3LZSN1P3R stated earlier the T10 is what's supposed to be for our trucks.
You could add a second copper washer but it should be fine as is

Users who are viewing this thread