Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Tires

Grey

Reaction score
Question for all of you Power Wagon guys. I have a new 2024 on order. When I bought my 2016 Big Horn the factory tires were little more than condoms with air in them. Flat the first day and several more in the first couple weeks. Changed those to Wranglers with Kevlar no issues ever since several sets later still good. So my question, the factory tires on the Power Wagon. Good-Decent. etc. Seeking the knowledge...

Grey

DWEL

Reaction score
I have a 2022 and the stock Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are decent tires. I have property that requires a long drive on non maintained logging roads that are notorious for flats. I have been up and down that mountain dozens of times without worry. Most people will tell you they should be bigger from the factory but the 33 in. stockers are good tires.

Grey

Reaction score
I have a 2022 and the stock Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are decent tires. I have property that requires a long drive on non maintained logging roads that are notorious for flats. I have been up and down that mountain dozens of times without worry. Most people will tell you they should be bigger from the factory but the 33 in. stockers are good tires.
Thank ye, Kindly for the info. Good to read they are decent

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
They are decent, but I understand they aren’t the 3PMSF version of the duratrac and they are awful in winter.

Last edited:

Soapy

Reaction score
They are a good tire but a little undersized. Most people I know put 35 or 37 inch tires on as soon as possible.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Agreed they are a little small for the truck, but they seem decent. My buddy ran Duratracs on his Jeep JK and those things weathered pretty decently and got places mud terrains did too. I'm only 7 months into my Powerwagon ownership and already dreaming of 35s. Haha

Grey

Reaction score
They are decent, but I understand they aren’t the 3PMSF version of the duratrac and they are awful in winter.
I'm in central IL. yeah yah I know. Flat all over but snow can be an issue at times. So that's a big deal.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Duratracs are good but the 3pmsf are better thats what i typically run on my trucks and i plow here in northern canada

Last edited:

el_barto

Reaction score
Switched mine out fir 35s at 200 miles. Sold them for a decent price.
Same, if you can get them swapped with really low miles you can get decent money when you sell them.

As far as the duratracs go: I’ve had them on a previous truck, they look cool and provide good traction offroad and in snow when new but in the second half of their life the performance falls off and they get noisy, and I found they wore out quickly. The stock duratracs on the PW are only D load, while most people end up replacing with E load (primarily due to availability I think) which should be more durable and resistant to flats/ sidewall cuts. Pretty sure the stock duratracs are still 3PMSF rated though. The stock size, 33s, are still good, but many choose to upsize to 35s or 37s since they fit without rubbing (or minimal) and fill out the wheel wells better visually.

2powerwagons

Reaction score
You can stick you finger though the sidewalls.

I run them about 20K (or until I can't stand it any longer) and swap them for 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs.

Etoimos

Reaction score
I got about 31k miles out of my OEM Duratracs and had one sidewall puncture while on an overlanding trip. I was not able to find what caused the puncture, but I was driving on a two track with the occasional small rocks. I also ran them on my old Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. As @el_barto said above, they fall pretty bad towards the end of their life and do get noisy. When I got my Gladiator, I pretty much replaced them immediately with some General Tires Grabber ATX. I ran the ATX on my off road trailer as well and liked them enough that I just replace the PW's stock tires with a set of the ATX as well.

Users who are viewing this thread