Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory EGT pprobe relocation

bfortner

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance if this is the wrong thread. 2012 2500 SLT 6.7l. I am wanting to relocate a factory Chrysler EGT sensor/probe to the exhaust manifold in the collector. I cannot find a definite answer to if this probe will be able to withstand 1400 f° long term. I don't want to get a stand alone pyro since my ezlynk has the EGT parameter already. The stock sensor does sync with it so I'd really like to use it if possible. I tried splicing a thermocouple probe since I know they can handle great heat but was unsuccessful because the ECU only reads from NTC thermistor type probe (factory probe style). From my understanding thermistor type probes aren't made for extreme heat which makes sense because all of these sensors/probes are post turbo. I have not been able to find a max temp for these probes. Part # 5149085AC

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you need to relocate it?

I’ve ran both pre and post turbo probes on trucks and with the correct understanding of temps both are equally accurate.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Why do you need to relocate it?

I’ve ran both pre and post turbo probes on trucks and with the correct understanding of temps both are equally accurate.
If your deleted they do not work some tuners have a probe relocation that goes in one of the EGR block off plates then can be plugged in to EGT3 connector to be able to work

Users who are viewing this thread