Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty

yycdiesel

Reaction score
You have 4 years and 40K miles to buy the OEM/Mopar Max Care Service Contracts, you have no pressure to buy today. You can get the service contract (incorrectly called a warranty) for about half of MSRP by purchasing from one of the mentioned locations. The cost does go up $100 after you buy the vehicle and add the warranty later, but you do not pay tax, so you save more than $100 buying later from that perspective. Also, if you finance it into the loan at time of purchase you pay interest on that portion of the loan as well. Save yourself up a couple grand and buy it cash 2-3 years later by calling Ziegler or Tom Winkles... Do not finance it.

Do not buy an aftermarket plan. It could be fine and work great, or it could screw you. Buy the Mopar service plan as it acts very similar to your original 3/36 warranty. You'll have a deductible that you choose (per occurrence) and a time/mile limit, the LIFETIME no longer exists. What a shame, I have the lifetime Mopar service contract on 2 vehicles. I would absolutely buy that again if buying a new loaded $70K truck that I was going to keep a while!

There are a small group of dealers who discount these Mopar OEM plans, Ziegler was mentioned earlier and the other I have purchased mine from is:
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
Direct Contact Info:
tomwinkels@hayescars.com
269-385-1116

i live in Canada, not applicable for me.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
You have 4 years and 40K miles to buy the OEM/Mopar Max Care Service Contracts, you have no pressure to buy today. You can get the service contract (incorrectly called a warranty) for about half of MSRP by purchasing from one of the mentioned locations. The cost does go up $100 after you buy the vehicle and add the warranty later, but you do not pay tax, so you save more than $100 buying later from that perspective. Also, if you finance it into the loan at time of purchase you pay interest on that portion of the loan as well. Save yourself up a couple grand and buy it cash 2-3 years later by calling Ziegler or Tom Winkles... Do not finance it.

Do not buy an aftermarket plan. It could be fine and work great, or it could screw you. Buy the Mopar service plan as it acts very similar to your original 3/36 warranty. You'll have a deductible that you choose (per occurrence) and a time/mile limit, the LIFETIME no longer exists. What a shame, I have the lifetime Mopar service contract on 2 vehicles. I would absolutely buy that again if buying a new loaded $70K truck that I was going to keep a while!

There are a small group of dealers who discount these Mopar OEM plans, Ziegler was mentioned earlier and the other I have purchased mine from is:
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
Direct Contact Info:
tomwinkels@hayescars.com
269-385-1116

Discount not available in Florida....

RV_Goose

Reaction score

Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
Direct Contact Info:
tomwinkels@hayescars.com
269-385-1116

The MOPAR also have caveats that can also not pay for repairs. The one from my credit union has been used by several friends over the past 4-5 years. Dealers serviced the vehicles with no issues, and Mopar parts were used. And it was half the cost of the dealership offering.

Not all dealerships offer the Mopar one. I assumed that it was a Mopar one when we bought the coverage for the van. it was an aftermarket one that the dealership made more profit on. I cancelled that and paid cash for one from my credit union.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Dealers often will attempt to snow you into an aftermarket because it pays them more profit.

If your leaving your vehicle factory stock, the Mopar one is golden. If your modifying.... The aftermarket one might be more lenient.... Hard for me to say.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lary0071

Reaction score
Oh, and Mopar generally does not void parts of warranty/service contracts. You broke a rule? All voided. It's not selective, it's all or nothing since it's a legal binding contract. Break the deal and the deal is off.

immersivenc

Reaction score
Oh, and Mopar generally does not void parts of warranty/service contracts. You broke a rule? All voided. It's not selective, it's all or nothing since it's a legal binding contract. Break the deal and the deal is off.

I just purchased a Max Care 6yr/60k mile from Zeigler and called Mopar prior to it because I am considering a level and wheels/tires. Mopar guy said no problems as long as an issue wasn’t obviously caused by the modification. I clarified for example if my 12” UConnect goes out, they’re not going to deny it because I had wheels and tires put on. I really bought the warranty for the electronics anyway.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Another option... take that 3000 to 5000 bucks you would be giving them, or worse financing, and put it into high yield savings. Let it build interest, and if you need it someday it will be available for you no matter how you modify your truck or how many miles you put on it, and if you don’t need it you can use it as a down payment on your next truck, boat, garage or whatever.
Ding,ding,ding.....we have a WINNER!

Rick

Reaction score
Plan 410 (7/160k) is $5800cdn list price (it increased July 1st).
In shopping around, I was able to get it for $4,600. So dealer matched price.
That’s really expensive, I just bought a 2020 Cummins, dealer bumper to bumper for 5 years 76000 miles for 1630. 00 dollars

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
That’s really expensive, I just bought a 2020 Cummins, dealer bumper to bumper for 5 years 76000 miles for 1630. 00 dollars

Was that a MOPAR warranty or some 3rd party insurance?
Also rates and vary state to state...in FL you pay full rate... there is no 'discount' to be had.

MikeXM

Reaction score
1) that was in Canadian $.
2) the 5 years one like yours was half price, so pretty similar with exchange rate.

immersivenc

Reaction score
That also seems expensive. Which warranty? Purchased Mopar Max Car 6yr/60k miles for $710

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Yes.. that seems crazy high priced, my lifetime Mopar Maxcare service contract with $100 deductible was $19?? through Tom Winkles at Hayes Jeep.

How'd you manage Lifetime? When I looked it wasn't offered....

MikeXM

Reaction score
You really need to compare to same package. Otherwise you are comparing oranges to apples.
The main variations:
  • Years
  • Milleage
  • Items covered
  • Deductable?
  • FCA or 3rd party
Prices will change drastically from one to another.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
It's not available any longer. It ended sometime late in 2018.

Ok, I was pretty sure it wan't available, I had it for the 1500 I bought and when I traded it in for the 2500 I was looking for the same.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Anyone get/know about these emails?

Screenshot_20201009-075451_Gmail.jpg

Have to be honest, if it is really FCA backing this, the email looks Busch league so makes me wonder. The way I'm reading that is 4 extra years and 39k extra miles of bumper to bumper. Been saving these emails to track the cost of what they are offering in these "flash sales!".

Kinda wish I could do this online and browse what they have. I'm reluctant to call and have to get a sales spiel from a dude in India and have to negotiate a price on this like I'm buying a car again haha.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Are these Max Care warranty emails talking about bumper-bumper style coverage or powertrain?

When it says "upgrade to 8 yrs 125k" is that coverage akin to the 3/36? If not if would seem silly to buy a 3/25k extension of powertrain.

Thanks.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Are these Max Care warranty emails talking about bumper-bumper style coverage or powertrain?

When it says "upgrade to 8 yrs 125k" is that coverage akin to the 3/36? If not if would seem silly to buy a 3/25k extension of powertrain.

Thanks.

They MOPAR Max Care covers a whole slew of things...
However, these plans run concurrent with the basic and powertrain warranties so you really aren't getting 8/125...
Now, if they still offered the 'lifetime warranty' I would get it for the 2500... I had it on the 1500 I traded.

This is what MaxCare covers:
https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/maximum_care.cfm

Users who are viewing this thread