Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust system.

Twister

Reaction score
I have 3500 mega cab and was wondering If installing a banks exhaust and the big ass filter would be worth the effort and if will it void warranty.? The exhaust would be from catalytic to tip, do not want to mess with def. What I really want in the end is to have more of a growling sound.

Riddick

Reaction score
The Banks exhaust will offer 0 performance gains and 0 sound difference vs. OEM, its a cosmetic upgrade. Also, there have been several members install the Banks air intake and they received a EGR code shortly after. Members have have had good luck with the S&B air filter kits but not sure if there are any gains in power. There is a removeable insert on the S&B so if you are after turbo noises you will hear it more with the S&B.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I have the Magnaflow filter back and as mentioned it's going to nothing for sound or performance with all the emissions equipment in the way. My stock tailpipe did get squeezed down pretty good in one of the bends, but that just might be a side effect of being a rona baby. View the filter back exhausts as cosmetic modifications IMO. I did mine for the intercooled tip and the better look to match the rest of the laramie sport package (body color bumpers, but still has some of the laramie chrome bits).

The Banks airbox will likely pop a P0402 EGR flow code as it did on both of our '22 SO trucks. I run the S&B for that reason along with the fact it's much easier to clean the filter wrap IMO - I run the dry, disposable filter with the filter wrap on the S&B and had the dry cleanable filter with a wrap on the banks.

Offroaddaddy

Reaction score
I’ve had the banks air intake on for a bit more than a year now. No codes. My kids enjoy the whistle sound it makes under all throttle conditions. 2021.

Twister

Reaction score
Thanks all. I gue I will just change the tip and save money.

Users who are viewing this thread