Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust system servise see dealer

Dmj6151

Reaction score
Ram 2021 6.7 diesel 34000 miles
Was hauling my boat to factory warranty work, as soon as I left Mi to Sc. I experiment the simptom. West Virginia Mtn was pain. Coming home empty was easier
Check engine light was accompanied with “exhaust system service” see dealer error
Simptome are: when pressing hard acceleration pedal engine is loosing turbo boost. If accelerating soft, turbo boost is high, than gradually lowering.
Accelerating after using engine break, same thing no power boost, is loosing turbo boost.
Dealer is doing checks and changing of fuel filter (??) parts ect.
Any idea out there?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_9265.jpeg
    IMG_9265.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 13

flan

Reaction score
Warranty issue for sure, hopefully they check for boost leaks. Welcome to the forum!

Dmj6151

Reaction score
Warranty issue for sure, hopefully they check for boost leaks. Welcome to the forum!
Ty for welcoming me
Yesterday msg from service
“Still waiting on the technician for the inspection of the clunking noise. That will go into tomorrow. We would need to replace the fuel filters to move forward with the check engine light issue. That is the next step in the diagnostic chain.”

flan

Reaction score
Ty for welcoming me
Yesterday msg from service
“Still waiting on the technician for the inspection of the clunking noise. That will go into tomorrow. We would need to replace the fuel filters to move forward with the check engine light issue. That is the next step in the diagnostic chain.”
At least if it does not fix the issue you shouldn’t be charged for it. I’d think rail psi would be affected and trip a cel if plugged filters were a issue.

Users who are viewing this thread