Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust brake

Crazy cowboy

Reaction score
Has anyone used Bundy exhaust Brake. My factory exhaust brake is weak have tried cleaning all sensors and replaced actuator. 19 ram 3500 drw cab and chassis. Thanks for any advice

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Bundy exhaust Brake. My factory exhaust brake is weak have tried cleaning all sensors and replaced actuator. 19 ram 3500 drw cab and chassis. Thanks for any advice

Fix what’s not working on yours, since both the brakes will have the same back pressure.

When you replaced the actuator did the vanes move freely?

Have you used a scan to monitor back pressure?

Crazy cowboy

Reaction score
Fix what’s not working on yours, since both the brakes will have the same back pressure.

When you replaced the actuator did the vanes move freely?

Have you used a scan to monitor back pressure?
The vanes moved freely and replaced both back pressure sensors. One was bad.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
FWIW, I had a PacBrake on my 04.5 and it worked so well I had to upgrade the exhaust manifold gaskets.

I never had an issue with my Jacobs EB which ran a bit more peak back pressure than my PRXB did with the fixed orifice of the Jacobs and the Hamilton Cam.

The PRXB had less peak pressure, but more pressure below 2000 rpms where I spent a lot of time.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
I never had an issue with my Jacobs EB which ran a bit more peak back pressure than my PRXB did with the fixed orifice of the Jacobs and the Hamilton Cam.

The PRXB had less peak pressure, but more pressure below 2000 rpms where I spent a lot of time.
I developed an exhaust leak that was attributed to the aftermarket PacBrake. It's been a while so I don't recall the brand, but I upgraded the exhaust manifold and gaskets and had no issues afterwards. Dang, that engine was so easy to work on.

TexasJBrown

Reaction score
I have one, they are simple and work well. Their website says this - "The Bundy Exhaust Brake requires no air, takes 30 minutes to install, has the unique Bunflow design to control proper back pressure without using unreliable electronic modules, it also costs typically 20% less than other exhaust brakes systems. Oh, and it sounds great too!." They also have torque lock up and throttle release options.

Vdrsnk

Reaction score
Dumb question. But, are you putting it in tow/haul mode at the same time as turning on the exhaust brake?

TexasJBrown

Reaction score
Yes, when pulling I always have it in tow hall mode. That way the exhaust brake works good.

Users who are viewing this thread