Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excited Future Ram HD Owner; Custom Order Wait Time Question?

SwampCat

Reaction score
Howdy all! I’m an excited soon-to-be Ram 2500 owner. I’ll be coming from a 2022 4Runner that, being honest, I can’t wait to get rid of.
I’m going to be ordering a gasoline (6.4L) Tradesman with the Off-Road and Snow Chief packages with a couple other random options. Off the bat, I am curious about custom order wait times and what everyone’s experience has been? I will be going on a work trip in June and don’t want to get caught in a situation where I can’t take delivery. Appreciate everyone’s insight! (Yes, I posted the exact same thread on the half ton Ram forum; didn’t realize there was an equivalent HD site!)

Lonestar

Reaction score
Congrats on the upcomIng purchase and welcome to the forum. As for custom wait times I cannot answer as I bought my truck off the lot.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

mountainears

Reaction score
I’ve seen crazy fast times on this forum lately. When I ordered mine in 2022 it was 6 months, not like that now. Contact Mark Dodge they do a crap load of orders and have great deals for ordering that can offset shipping costs or flying out and picking up. Even if you don’t order from them they should be able to tell you better than anyone what the timings are like right now.

jenninr

Reaction score
I ordered on 1/2/24 and it was delivered to the dealership on 2/17/24 but I think that is faster than average. Things are definitely faster than 2022.

Paynefull

Reaction score
Howdy all! I’m an excited soon-to-be Ram 2500 owner. I’ll be coming from a 2022 4Runner that, being honest, I can’t wait to get rid of.
I’m going to be ordering a gasoline (6.4L) Tradesman with the Off-Road and Snow Chief packages with a couple other random options. Off the bat, I am curious about custom order wait times and what everyone’s experience has been? I will be going on a work trip in June and don’t want to get caught in a situation where I can’t take delivery. Appreciate everyone’s insight! (Yes, I posted the exact same thread on the half ton Ram forum; didn’t realize there was an equivalent HD site!)

Congratulations on your purchase! I’ve always bought off the lot so I don’t have any input on the ordering process. But I’d like to share an experience I’ve had with the cab marker lights that come with the Snow Chief Package. Over time they will leak, especially if you run it through car washes. You will have water on your floor board and think it’s the heater core. It’s probably not the heater core without a sweet fruity smell. Dealer fix is RTV under the gaskets. Just fyi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big M

Reaction score
I custom ordered my 3500 in October of 2022, and took delivery of it in August of '23. I ordered it in a low volume color, which is the main reason it took so long to reach production stage.
I think you'll be quite happy, I've already exceeded 40,000 trouble free miles with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread