Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EVIC “thinks” RR Turn Signal is out?

Rammer

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 2019 2500 Limited and recently my EVIC has been telling me my right rear turn signal is out. When I activate the signal it flashes rapidly on the dash and outside mirror, but when I’ve checked the outside of the vehicle both front and rear turn signals are flashing normally. So why is the EVIC telling me otherwise? Any ideas? I did recently brush the RR corner of the truck which caused a crack on the side of the taillight lense, and this phenomena started shortly afterwards, but the signal light still appears to be working normally and flashes exactly the same as the undamaged left signal. I’d appreciate if anyone can explain what might be going on here. Thanks,

DammitDave

Reaction score
I would pull the bulb the bulb in that right rear and look at it. Hold it up to a light colored back ground like the sky or white ceiling, I've see the bulb filaments do some crazy things like cross over to other circuit instead of blowing.

Rammer

Reaction score
I would pull the bulb the bulb in that right rear and look at it. Hold it up to a light colored back ground like the sky or white ceiling, I've see the bulb filaments do some crazy things like cross over to other circuit instead of blowing.
Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no bulb to pull out and inspect. It’s an LED

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no bulb to pull out and inspect. It’s an LED
The led board may be damaged, does both sides hyper flash or only the one side?

KneeDeep

Reaction score
You may also want to make sure your high mount stop light is working, On my 2015, the display would say my left turn was out but it was a burnt out bulb in the high mount.

Rammer

Reaction score
Only the right side hyper flashes - and only on the dash and mirror - the front and rear exterior lights flash normally.

Icky

Reaction score
Look closely to check to make sure all the leds are on. Also check the lights on your mirrors

Users who are viewing this thread