Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine fuel filter

Viper67

Reaction score
If the engine fuel filter holder top is off. Is the fuel filter itself supposed to be level with the top/sides of the container?

I have a leak from there and can’t figure out the issue and I’ve changed the filter once on this truck and dozens of times on my 2012. Never had an issue. Have a billet top ordered from Genos.

I’ve pushed down on the filter and it seems to be seated. The old o ring Is off and the new one was lubed and seated correctly. No damages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sstoner911

Reaction score
Look at my response on the other forum you posted on.

Jackb60

Reaction score
If the engine fuel filter holder top is off. Is the fuel filter itself supposed to be level with the top/sides of the container?

I have a leak from there and can’t figure out the issue and I’ve changed the filter once on this truck and dozens of times on my 2012. Never had an issue. Have a billet top ordered from Genos.

I’ve pushed down on the filter and it seems to be seated. The old o ring Is off and the new one was lubed and seated correctly. No damages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same problem on my old Ecodiesel. No matter what I did it sprayed fuel everywhere. Ended up hav to change out the whole canister. On that truck it was pretty much the same as the rear filter on the 2500.

Viper67

Reaction score
Well I took everything apart and put it back together. Appears no more leaks. Going to let it sit and go out and prime the fuel system a few times. See what happens but I should be good. This was crazy though.

Users who are viewing this thread