Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect upgrade for 22 Longhorn 3/4 ton

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
You don't want that POS....all the jeep guys remove theirs after their warranty is up...they get full of water and mud and stop working....took mine off at like 3k miles....don't regret it....

Lambossin

Reaction score
You don't want that POS....all the jeep guys remove theirs after their warranty is up...they get full of water and mud and stop working....took mine off at like 3k miles....don't regret it....
Really.... I am not opposed to taking mine off. Are there any downsides? I haul the occasional gooseneck trailer. but most my time is highway time or bumpy dirt roads.

Dinky503

Reaction score

Lots of guy have been retro fitting them with a manual over ride. They make adapter plates that take place of the electric motor. its actually pretty slick and you don have to worry about zip tying the loose ends.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Really.... I am not opposed to taking mine off. Are there any downsides? I haul the occasional gooseneck trailer. but most my time is highway time or bumpy dirt roads.

A good compromise for towing/hauling and ride/articulation improvement is the Thuren Active Rate Anti-Sway bar.

I put one on last summer and couldn’t be happier. Truck handles better, hauls heavy the same, and rides much better especially on back roads.

Win-Win

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Lots of guy have been retro fitting them with a manual over ride. They make adapter plates that take place of the electric motor. its actually pretty slick and you don have to worry about zip tying the loose ends.

1k to add the evo disconnect is kinda crazy to me...run the currie or the thuren bar....

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
i listed the downsides....if you dont use it often it gets frozen and gunked up....do the thuren instead....

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Mine has been working well for years now, a worthwhile upgrade if possible….yep, auto disconnect is awesome.

Enve46

Reaction score
I removed my sway bar completely on my 22 and 19 2500s but I also never towed anything. Had more body roll for sure but I loved the way it handled everything else

Users who are viewing this thread