Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-Z Pass

CodyB

Reaction score
Morning all. Has anyone encountered any issues with not having the proper E-Z Pass transponder for their truck. I just went on to register my truck and remove my Jeep and in the 3rd paragraph they mention the normal transponder is only for vehicles weighing 7,000lbs or less and that a properly programmed transponder may be needed for the 7,001-15,000 weight classes. This is my first HD so I'm not sure what I should do.

Hawk375

Reaction score
Looks like it’d be a class 2 vehicle for the tolls up there, which charges more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ding Ding Ding...We have a winner!! Always wondered how they billed when towing my trailer and using EZ Pass

In Colorado, trailers don't get a transponder but need to be on the account and they count axles rolling and also validate via VTOLL (cameras). If you don't have an account, they VTOLL the plates via mail and it costs more. They can also block your registration renewals if you let (private road) tolls go unpaid.

I've had one of my trailer plates erroneously charged on VTOLL due to misreads so many times it's now on a hit list for manual operator verification.

AMLumber

Reaction score
I have two ez passes one is blue for the truck and trailer and I have one white for just the truck. If I’m towing need the blue only. If I’m not it’s the white only. Had to call to setup the trailer. They asked questions about weight and such. I’m in NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom716

Reaction score
Same here .... I'm in NY but travel through Mass and PA with my enclosed trailer. I registered my new EZpass with my new HD. Pulled my trailer to Mass and was billed as a Semi trailer. I called and they reimbursed my account, asked several questions about the trailer and sent me another EZpass to use for when I am pulling the trailer.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Toll roads. When the state isn't already charging enough in a combination of gas excise taxes, motor vehicle registration and licensing, mileage taxes, and other so-called "fair share" taxes for maintaining the public roadways...
Amen!

jkurigado

Reaction score
What about uproad app? It can be used as an alternative as well. The system is quite effective and helps you avoid fines for toll roads. You can get more info on the site.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Toll roads suck we have only one here it uses camera to catch the plates and sends a bill i just use a dark plate cover when down there never had a bill yet lol

BAT3500

Reaction score
I am currently arguing with textag myself. In warmer months i tow my boat several times a month down a section of tollway. No big deal, they count axles and charge acordingly my truck tag. Except for 1 time on 1 section this fall i got a separate bill for my trailer. Been a downhill situation every since...

Users who are viewing this thread