Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver side TPMS does not read

MTNORCA

Reaction score
Hey all-

Kind of a weird issue with my truck. Curious if anyone had a similar situation before I take her to the dealer.

My driver side TPMS is not reading. I have tried swapping both sides and no matter what sensor I put on the left side it will not read. When I swapped the driver wheels (not reading) with the passenger wheels (reading), the dash now showed passenger sensors working but the drivers still not.

I’ve driven about 500 miles after buying 4 new TPMS sensors and nothing is resetting to show my driver side.

Its very clear to me the sensors are not the issue but the truck refuses to read whatever I put on the drivers side.

Truck is a 21’ PW 75th anniversary

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the TPMS sensors on the truck comm with the RF Hub and there is an update available for some of the RF hubs.

It was primarily for remote FOB issues but I seem to recall other problems fixed as well.

Also possible a sensor on that side is kaput.

MTNORCA

Reaction score
I believe the TPMS sensors on the truck comm with the RF Hub and there is an update available for some of the RF hubs.

It was primarily for remote FOB issues but I seem to recall other problems fixed as well.

Also possible a sensor on that side is kaput.

Sweet thanks for sharing!

I know for a fact the sensors in the wheels are all working since it reads all four wheels when put on the right but none of the four when put on the left.

I’ll have them look at it when I take it for a service next month.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet thanks for sharing!

I know for a fact the sensors in the wheels are all working since it reads all four wheels when put on the right but none of the four when put on the left.

I’ll have them look at it when I take it for a service next month.

Talking about the truck initiators near each wheel well- transmitter/receiver that picks up the Tire sensor signals.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
No codes or alarms sounding/flashing?…
Let us know what the problem is so that I can make it happen to both sides of mine

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
No my dash light is on and it warns me everytime I get in the truck lol

I wish it didnt alarm at me

I’m working on a plug in piece that sends an ok to the truck and takes the place of the unit in the wheel well.
By working on it, I mean googling for them…nobody smart has made one yet, as far as I see.
I know…alfa something.
I watched a minute of a how-to on that and had to stop.

MTNORCA

Reaction score
Update:

Dealer said that they replaced one of the sensors in order to trigger a “hard reset” and now all four work again. Not sure how replacing just one fixed the problem but they said the TPMS system can get very jumbled if you swap more than 1 sensor at a time I guess.

Whats everore strange, they confirmed all 4 tires worked on the passenger side but none of them worked on driver. I guess replacing a single sensor was enough to reboot everything.

Regardless, all good and handled under warranty.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’m working on a plug in piece that sends an ok to the truck and takes the place of the unit in the wheel well.
By working on it, I mean googling for them…nobody smart has made one yet, as far as I see.
I know…alfa something.
I watched a minute of a how-to on that and had to stop.
Just use AlfaOBD and change the TPMS to TPIS so you have the reading but no warnings. No need to rig anything up

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Its really simple and not hard to learn if you are willing its wel worth the investment in my mind

yeah…no way that will happen, was lost on their website even.
Plus, it’s supposedly android only..can’t do that

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread