Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driveline vibration

raz

Reaction score
Hello all I have a 2500 4x4 .
I have a vibration between 45-60 mph if a trailer is attached the tongue jumps up and down. I have been back to the dealership 3 times . They rotated and balanced the tires every time I was there . It seems like a driveshaft issue or u- joint I was wondering if anyone had the same problem. The truck has 11,000 miles
Thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If the tongue is bouncing the trailer is not balanced properly, could be an unbalanced drive line an easy test if pull the front shaft and go for a drive if its good then you know the issue if its not better throw the front shaft in and remove the rear shaft and take a drive in 4wd see if the issue persists

raz

Reaction score
If the tongue is bouncing the trailer is not balanced properly, could be an unbalanced drive line an easy test if pull the front shaft and go for a drive if its good then you know the issue if its not better throw the front shaft in and remove the rear shaft and take a drive in 4wd see if the issue persists
It's definitely the rear of the truck .it's any trailer

Users who are viewing this thread