Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door lock nightmare

Paolo291

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope someone here can help me as I feel I have run out of ideas. I have been struggling with this for weeks.

I have a 2015 ram 2500 with a driver door lock that won't work electronically. Works manually.

I've replaced the actuator with a doorman actuator. No luck. No lock or unlock by button or fob. All others work.

Here is all of what I've done and checked;

1) I removed all the tape and inspected all wires in the door leading to the boot and connectors in the door jamb to the body. No wires seem visibly damaged.

2) Replaced actuator with no change.

3) Scanned for codes and got b128c "all door lock control, open circuit, last test positive, error intermittent, warning lamp on.

4) My door locks seem to be acting strange. Sometimes they don't respond unless I press the button a couple times. And sometimes if I unlock and lock a few times in a row they stop working for several seconds. I can't really remember if this is normal or not.

5) not sure if related or not but I have an intermittent TPMS sensor dropping in and out on the front passenger side.

6) I can't think of what could have caused this, but just for full disclosure I did a DIY factory remote start install. I used AlphaOBD. Possibly related if I did something wrong? Not sure when it started happening.

I haven't checked the door switch as I assume it controls all the doors and the rest work... Could the switch be sending seperate unlock signals to each door? Is this something I should check.

Very lost here and any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

flan

Reaction score
Seems like next step would be to uninstall your aftermarket remote start and reset your bcm to factory settings and see if it solves your problems.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope someone here can help me as I feel I have run out of ideas. I have been struggling with this for weeks.

I have a 2015 ram 2500 with a driver door lock that won't work electronically. Works manually.

I've replaced the actuator with a doorman actuator. No luck. No lock or unlock by button or fob. All others work.

Here is all of what I've done and checked;

1) I removed all the tape and inspected all wires in the door leading to the boot and connectors in the door jamb to the body. No wires seem visibly damaged.

2) Replaced actuator with no change.

3) Scanned for codes and got b128c "all door lock control, open circuit, last test positive, error intermittent, warning lamp on.

4) My door locks seem to be acting strange. Sometimes they don't respond unless I press the button a couple times. And sometimes if I unlock and lock a few times in a row they stop working for several seconds. I can't really remember if this is normal or not.

5) not sure if related or not but I have an intermittent TPMS sensor dropping in and out on the front passenger side.

6) I can't think of what could have caused this, but just for full disclosure I did a DIY factory remote start install. I used AlphaOBD. Possibly related if I did something wrong? Not sure when it started happening.

I haven't checked the door switch as I assume it controls all the doors and the rest work... Could the switch be sending seperate unlock signals to each door? Is this something I should check.

Very lost here and any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!
I see you have posted this on a few forums -

I would maybe replace the power lock switch and or relay.

Riddick

Reaction score
Have you verified you have power coming into and out of the window switches and relay? I think this will identify your problem.

RCMEDIC

Reaction score
I see you have posted this on a few forums -

I would maybe replace the power lock switch and or relay.
I don't think the actuator is the issue as I have learned that the door controls do not work on any door but the auto lock for all doors works fine when I move about 15mph and go into park which unlocks all doors. Also all door locks work fine via remote. I am suspicious that it is something that I could fix with AlphaOBD but do not know where or what settings I should check or try changing.

Last edited:

JustARam22

Reaction score
Have you checked continuity on all the wires running to the actuator and switches? Also try opening and closing the door while checking that's a good failure point.

Users who are viewing this thread