Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Towing Technology or Tow Technology Plus Group include wiring for trailer camera?

ATCavi8or

Reaction score
Costco build and price allows the tow-mode camera (wired) to be added with the Safety Group while the Ram site does not. Historically the Costo build and price is far more accurate than the Ram one.

Did you have the dealership run an inquiry up?
I’m not a Costco member (don’t have any where I live). I didn’t think to ask the dealer when I ordered the truck because I just assumed it came with it with all the packages I ordered. It wasn’t until I found this forum after the fact that I realized it won’t come with it. I got word yesterday that my truck is on the assembly line and is expected to ship on the 12th so it is too late to make any changes. I guess I just have to hope that someday the camera will be available to purchase separately.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m not a Costco member (don’t have any where I live). I didn’t think to ask the dealer when I ordered the truck because I just assumed it came with it with all the packages I ordered. It wasn’t until I found this forum after the fact that I realized it won’t come with it. I got word yesterday that my truck is on the assembly line and is expected to ship on the 12th so it is too late to make any changes. I guess I just have to hope that someday the camera will be available to purchase separately.

You don’t have to be a Costco member to use their build and price website.

It won’t help you at this point, but for anyone else in the future I highly suggest looking at the fleet spec sheets to ensure you’re getting the options you want.

ATCavi8or

Reaction score
I talked to my dealer today about possibly adding the camera to the order since it is a standalone item and wouldn’t affect the build. He looked into it and said since the build started we can’t make any changes. I didn’t think I could but it was worth a shot. He did say his parts guy said it is something available to order after the fact. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread