Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does snow plow prep group change suspension?

JKSchnoo

Reaction score
Looking at different 2500 models and wondering if the HD snow plow prep group changes the springs they use in the front end? I’m never going to plow snow, and dont want stiffer springs to give a harsher ride. Window sticker lists a skid plate and an alternator.

I didn’t find a consensus during my internet search, so thought I would ask.

Thanks!

79 300

Reaction score
Most things I have read say no. I believe they used to have heavier springs at one time, but not anymore. The front springs on these new trucks can handle most plowa.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There's like 19 different spring part numbers for these trucks. I don't know that anyone has checked against nearly identical optioned VINs to know for sure.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I asked about springs on my truck with the Snow Chief vs an another truck without the snow chief option and they had the same front springs.

Dave01

Reaction score
I have snow plow group (and I do plow). While I don't know for sure if there are different springs with this group, I can tell you my truck rides great and I would certainly never want softer front springs.

Users who are viewing this thread