Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discount On Leftover 2023 6.4 April '24

dthollis

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a 2500 Tradesman CC 4x4. It will probably be my last truck, so I'm not concerned with resale value. What is a realistic discount off of say a $60,000 MSRP 2023 leftover in April 2024.
Thanks.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I think first question is what is a new msrp on the 2024 same vehicle with the lower msrp? That would be a starting point. Then 15% off msrp minus any rebates. Or I’d just order a 2024 at 12% with mark dodge

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Ram offered a 10% rebate several times over the past 6 months on the 23s...20-22% off MSRP is what buyers realized back then, so that would be my starting point. noticed the 23 rebates are no longer populated online, says "contact your dealer"

wonder if the 23s were "re-stickered" as well or if they only repriced the 24s? I'd find that out first before talking numbers

Firebird

Reaction score
I got 12% off in 2023 for my 2023 Hemi, I would think it would be much better now?

dthollis

Reaction score
In my mind, a leftover 2023 should be able to be had for much less than a 2024. That's why I am not really looking for a 2024

Here's a 2024 advertised for $43,388 that has a similar MSRP to what I'm looking for in a 2023:

The 2023 would have to be bought for considerably less than that, no?

Thisnthat

Reaction score
unfortunately no...also notice that if you click on the window sticker link in the add the MSRP is "now" $55k+ vs $60k
even at the $55k price point, paying $43k is approx 22% off which I'd think on a tradesman, and with the current rebates, is the best deal I've seen on a 2024... they are using the old MSRP so they can show a larger discount...here's a similar truck at Mark Dodge...$3k more

if the 2023 you're looking at still has the original MSRP and wasn't repriced when Ram lowered the 2024 MSRPs about a month ago, I can see where the 2023 would actually cost more than the 24

1712781099461.png

Thisnthat

Reaction score
looks like Mac Haik is being real aggressive pricing their long bed 2500s

dthollis

Reaction score
if the 2023 you're looking at still has the original MSRP and wasn't repriced when Ram lowered the 2024 MSRPs about a month ago, I can see where the 2023 would actually cost more than the 24

Won't they have to eventually sell the '23s? How will they if they cost more than the '24s? Something has to give somewhere.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
make an offer on the 23...worse they can say is no. well, they can call you names and laugh but oh well...ask them why it isn't cheaper than a 2024, see what they say

if the 23 wasn't ever repriced then the $60k 2023 is a $55-56k truck in a 2024 and with similar rebates, the 2024s will be cheaper. The one in your link is probably one of the cheapest new tradesman hemis in the nation (comparing like equipped trucks). Ram had the highest increases in MSRP over the past 5 yrs than any other manufacturer, they went up too much too quickly resulting in the lowering of the MSRPs

we are looking at new GMC half tons and on some of their lower trim lines, and like Ram, the 2024s are actually cheaper than the 2023s

as far as the question about the 2023s having to sell eventually...someone will come along and not compare it up to a 2024, dealer may add a little extra in their trade or something...but it'll sell at some point... granted it's still not cheap, but I'd jump on that 2024 if that is exactly what you're looking for...

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Mac haik is a bad place….Spoke with them on some JK wranglers years ago and their pricing listed was awesome but when you call they tack on a ton of fees. It was over 5k, required financing with them too. I tried again in 2022 for a ram and it was the same behavior….absolute garbage..avoid them.

dthollis

Reaction score
Mac haik is a bad place….Spoke with them on some JK wranglers years ago and their pricing listed was awesome but when you call they tack on a ton of fees. It was over 5k, required financing with them too. I tried again in 2022 for a ram and it was the same behavior….absolute garbage..avoid them.
I understand. I'm probably just going to try to use that price as a bargaining tool. I am trying to be optimistic thinking prices have started to fall back to earth... The last pickup I bought was a 1996 that I bought in 1997 and I can't wrap my head around these prices yet!

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
That's what I'm going to do. The advertised 2024 is not exactly what I want or I would be on it.
You could also call Anthony at Mark Dodge, order a 24 with what you want, get the affiliate code and you will be about 12% off, plus any rebates/TDM. Might be easier and cheaper and hassle free...

Enve46

Reaction score
When I shop for trucks I put inquiries as far as I can reach and understand often times dealers lowest price isn’t listed, which is probably the case on the 23. I did the same thing, searched for 2023s only and often times when I got called I wasn’t speaking to a salesman but rather the GSM, which I thought was odd but every time they said the same thing, “It’s a 23, this thing has to go. We will be really aggressive to earn your business and move it.”

DrTron

Reaction score
I understand.
Mac Haik is in my area. Not too impressed with them overall (for one, I bought my RAM at Mark Dodge because they couldn't even come close to that), but if they have one that interests you I can check it out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread