Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference between subwoofer options

herdbull

Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding a sub & amp to my '22. I see (2) different part numbers listed for a '22 (68381638AA) & (5064369AB). Is one an Alpine or generic Alpine and the other a Harmon Kardon? I've found both used online and not sure of the difference, if any.

The one is fairly inexpensive and I may just swap out the sub for a better one. I'd like to keep it in the factory box to retain back cab space. Also from my searching it appears the online Mopar stores lists the same subs for a '19 & '22. The reason I checked is that the used ones came out of a '19. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

I also know this can be kind of a headache to add a sub and amp to a factory system. I did upgrade from my 5" to an 8.4" and I should have checked the outputs on the 8.4". If this a bad idea please talk me out of it....lol.

Users who are viewing this thread