Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead battery!

Tommyk24

Reaction score
Went out to my truck this morning and it wouldn’t even unlock the doors. Manually unlocked them and checked battery voltage… 4.6 volts. Jump started it and took it straight to the dealer…. They checked it and said the battery was low,….. they charged it and checked for a draw…… supposedly no defects. As soon as I started home I got a warning on my U-Connect that the U-Connect box battery was low. Could this be the draw? My truck is only a few months old????

Gus

Reaction score
Pull the fuse for the Uconnect and see. It’s going to draw some I believe. Sometimes I’ve hooked up a multi meter to the batteries and pull the fuse to see if voltage jumps up. Haven’t had to do that in my own rig but I’ve worked in a few old cars. May not be the right way but hey if it works then…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommyk24

Reaction score
Pull the fuse for the Uconnect and see. It’s going to draw some I believe. Sometimes I’ve hooked up a multi meter to the batteries and pull the fuse to see if voltage jumps up. Haven’t had to do that in my own rig but I’ve worked in a few old cars. May not be the right way but hey if it works then…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it happens again I’ll give it a shot. The problem seems intermittent…..

Users who are viewing this thread