Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D range tires (127) vs E range (128)

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Good morning folks

currently, I am running a 285/75-18 ridge grappler in the E flavor which measures right about 35x11.50, slightly taller and slightly narrower than a traditional 35x12.50

looking to go up to a 37” tire and I like the idea of a 37x11.50 but am not opposed to a 37x12.50. I like the proportions of a truck on tall skinny tires for some reason. I have 39x13.50” on my Toyota for reference.

Anyway, I’m not here to ask opinions but rather to share an interesting find that I overlooked previously.

comparing the two, I never realized a D tire and an E tire can be so close in rating that it makes no difference in practicality. I probably wouldn’t have considered a D range tire until now. I know power wagons come with D range tires but they have a lower GVWR

saving the weight and having softer sidewalls would both be benefits of a D tire

Just drinking caffeine and rambling. Anyway thought I’d share

carry on

these are specs on ridge graps

E9B203F9-72AD-49CA-BA57-F365DB450BFE.jpeg

Last edited:

jadmt

Reaction score
I like tall skinny tires as well. I wish there were a 35x11.5-17 in E rating. I ran 35x11.5-17 toyos in C on my jeep but I would not run them on PW nitto also has the trail grappler in that size but also C load. Interco makes some tall skinny 35's but not what I want in daily driver tire.

Users who are viewing this thread