Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creative way to get black wheels on a Tradesman??

Nd79

Reaction score
I have a patriot blue Tradesman without the chrome package (black bumpers) and eventually want to put black wheels on vs the stock steel colored Tradesmen wheels. My problem is I don't mind the stock wheels at all and prefer the 18" over 20" and would like to stay stock, if only I could have them in black.

Well.... Looking under my truck today I noticed the spare wheel is, you guessed it, black! Exact same style as the stock 18" Tradesman wheels, just black. Now this got me thinking....

We have 2 other Ram 3500's and if I could swap the spares for the wheels on my truck I would have 3 out of 4. Keep in mind the tires are all the same as I am going to wear out the stock transforces before upgrading. They will be worn out in a year or less with my usage. I could then buy a 4th black spare wheel, possibly even at a junk yard.

My questions are this.... are the spare wheels not rated as high as the ones actually on the truck? Are they just cheaply painted making it no different than say plasti-dipping my wheels? And the big one.... Do the stock spare wheels come with TPM already installed??

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Just throwing around a possibly easy way to get my wheels black on my tradesman and looking to see if there is anything I'm missing as to why this would not be a good idea. Thanks!

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Year or two. And easily touched up. Dyc has videos on youtube that do a good job of showing how

Nd79

Reaction score
Year or two. And easily touched up. Dyc has videos on youtube that do a good job of showing how
That might be the route I go then. I just didn't want to have to maintain them constantly, but that doesn't sound bad.

Users who are viewing this thread