Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Constant ReGen while driving.

Olerugger

Reaction score
I had a check engine light come on referring to excessive regen while driving and not towing. Cleared alarm and truck drives fine but looking through truck info on dash it says Regen is in process but it never clears or stops. I drove some with exhaust brake on constant and it gave me a message of repetitive regens, turned off exhaust brake and cleared check engine light and has been fine until now. I can't tell if DEF usage is up, doesn't seem to be. Any ideas on action needed.

blbrown

Reaction score
I'd inspect your boost tubes, from and too the intercooler. I had a similar issue of constant regens, eventually plugged up the dpf. Turned out to be damaged boost tube seals leaking boost.

flan

Reaction score
Do you ever let the regens complete or are you a short trip kinda guy?

Olerugger

Reaction score
Do you ever let the regens complete or are you a short trip kinda guy?
Just got back from Horseback riding trip with 4hrs on road both ways towing 15K trailer with horses, check engine light came on again. Running injector cleaner through tank, but seems to not be helping. Would flashing the computer help. The problem came up when I kept the engine brake on while normal driving not just going down hill.

Olerugger

Reaction score
I'd inspect your boost tubes, from and too the intercooler. I had a similar issue of constant regens, eventually plugged up the dpf. Turned out to be damaged boost tube seals leaking boost.
I'll check that out, but boost seems to be fine pulling up mountain under 15K load towing.

Users who are viewing this thread