Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coffee percolator

Jcrawford

Reaction score
Lol idk if this is the correct thread or if it should be in interior or uconnect. But basically 3 days ago my truck started making all I can describe as percolating sounds when it sits at idle. They are soft but present and persistent. They stop when you roll down any window past half way and come back when you roll up the window to about 3/4. Seem to cut out when your are going over 30 or so. Radio muted they are still their radio off they are still present. HVAC off, on, cold, hot, ac, no ac, doesn’t matter still there. Not present when truck is in accessory only when on. There isn’t steady pattern to the dull thumps and it seems to be present from all angles in the cab. Near I can figure it’s maybe the anc doing something weird or picking up some interference but I’m kinda at a loss as how to proceed. Can I unplug the anc and run the truck with out breaking anything to at least rule that out? Or should I buy the pac bypass cable and throw that in to isolate it? I suppose I can pull the radio but idk how the anc talks to the speakers and if it routes through the radio or is on its own loop. I’d rather not depin the anc mic input or pull the door panels to disconnect the speakers but that might be the only way of you all don’t have any other suggestions. Any one else had similar issues? I’m pretty confident it’s not the hvac but I’ll look into that further if suggested

Jcrawford

Reaction score
Lol idk if this is the correct thread or if it should be in interior or uconnect. But basically 3 days ago my truck started making all I can describe as percolating sounds when it sits at idle. They are soft but present and persistent. They stop when you roll down any window past half way and come back when you roll up the window to about 3/4. Seem to cut out when your are going over 30 or so. Radio muted they are still their radio off they are still present. HVAC off, on, cold, hot, ac, no ac, doesn’t matter still there. Not present when truck is in accessory only when on. There isn’t steady pattern to the dull thumps and it seems to be present from all angles in the cab. Near I can figure it’s maybe the anc doing something weird or picking up some interference but I’m kinda at a loss as how to proceed. Can I unplug the anc and run the truck with out breaking anything to at least rule that out? Or should I buy the pac bypass cable and throw that in to isolate it? I suppose I can pull the radio but idk how the anc talks to the speakers and if it routes through the radio or is on its own loop. I’d rather not depin the anc mic input or pull the door panels to disconnect the speakers but that might be the only way of you all don’t have any other suggestions. Any one else had similar issues? I’m pretty confident it’s not the hvac but I’ll look into that further if suggested
Oh also stops when you open a door

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sounds like the ANC acting up may be time for a new amp

Jcrawford

Reaction score
Sounds like the ANC acting up may be time for a new amp
Think I can run the by pass cable and still retain phone mic? Don’t care about the noise cancellation. Is the anc and amp separate? If I replace the anc 2-300$ do I also need to get it programmed or is it plug and play?

Users who are viewing this thread