Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking noise 2019 ram 2500

Duneboy714

Reaction score
What do you guys think, sounds like the fam is clicking? Or is it just me. Cant remember hearing this sound before I left to the desert this weekend..

2019 ram 2500 diesel

flan

Reaction score
Fresh oil change by any chance? I will get a faint tapping until my fresh oil “breaks in” for lack of a better term, usually only on cold start. Others have said it’s the ac clutch tapping. Real bad and consistent is typically hydraulic lifter failure.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
that may be the idler pulley or ac compressor. i dont think that's a lifter.

Duneboy714

Reaction score
Fresh oil change by any chance? I will get a faint tapping until my fresh oil “breaks in” for lack of a better term, usually only on cold start. Others have said it’s the ac clutch tapping. Real bad and consistent is typically hydraulic lifter failure.
Have about 2,000 mi on my most recent oil change. Now that you mention it the AC may have been on. I'll check it later tonight to see if that stops the ticking

flan

Reaction score
Have about 2,000 mi on my most recent oil change. Now that you mention it the AC may have been on. I'll check it later tonight to see if that stops the ticking
Ok most likely not oil then.

Users who are viewing this thread