Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clearing codes

R. Yates

Reaction score
Does anyone know if when you clear the code for a clogged DPF (assuming there is one) if you can avoid or override the possible 5 mph limit mode? I'd like to get my truck back from the dealer but don't want to end up driving it back to them at 5 mph. It's currently in reduced power mode.

flan

Reaction score
From what I’ve read on here most emission codes that cause a derate can’t be reset to restart the clock.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Does anyone know if when you clear the code for a clogged DPF (assuming there is one) if you can avoid or override the possible 5 mph limit mode? I'd like to get my truck back from the dealer but don't want to end up driving it back to them at 5 mph. It's currently in reduced power mode.
Nope. You are SOL

R. Yates

Reaction score
I figured as much. It's mind boggling that Ram thinks it's okay to make their customers wait for a month for a part, while a vehicle is inoperable.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I figured as much. It's mind boggling that Ram thinks it's okay to make their customers wait for a month for a part, while a vehicle is inoperable.
If they dont have the part their hands are tied as the EPA cant let them release it by allowing it to bypass the emissions programming

Wholeo

Reaction score
I had the DEF derate message stored, dealer found nothing wrong with the truck and could not clear the derate message countdown, only able to clear the trouble code. The only solution they could come up with was re-flashing the ECM, that was a week after they performed the ECM recall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread