Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CD player

IvanDeSlaer

Reaction score
Morning everyone,
Long time listener first time caller. I have a 2019 2500 with a 12" screen and CD player. Popped a CD into the player the other day, for the first time since having it, while cleaning the truck. CD went in, light came on but the soft key for the CD player was greyed out and said to load CD. I even went so far as to flip the CD over and try another. Am I missing some setting, is the player dead or should I look for something else?

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping for BUT after 2 CDs and trying each side I got nada.
The thing only holds one anyway and it’s jammed in an inaccessible while driving hole anyway…an afterthought, took me a few months to find it.
The audio system in general is a huge letdown and disappointment afaic. Usually, there is nothing playing on our road-trips once out of radio range.
I wonder if aftermarket has made a decent CD unit compatible with this screen, doubt it.

CFE

Reaction score
There's a cd player on the 12" or is this only a '19 option for the 12"?

jsalbre

Reaction score
There's a cd player on the 12" or is this only a '19 option for the 12"?
The ‘19s had CD players, but they removed them in 2020+. They were in that little cubby behind the phone holder.

CFE

Reaction score
The ‘19s had CD players, but they removed them in 2020+. They were in that little cubby behind the phone holder.
ah - makes sense, i was excited when I saw OP's post and went to the truck yesterday and quickly became sad when i didn't see the CD player..lol Guess I'm "old" now, since i wouldn't mind having a cd player for better sounding music.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Mine is under the front center seat, under the center seat storage. It’s an oversized box, the size of a multiple CD unit of old.. capable of one CD.
I think it’s factory, can’t imagine the aftermarket making something so lame.
A realty company owned the truck for a year before me..

Reactions: CFE

jsalbre

Reaction score
Mine is under the front center seat, under the center seat storage. It’s an oversized box, the size of a multiple CD unit of old.. capable of one CD.
I think it’s factory, can’t imagine the aftermarket making something so lame.
A realty company owned the truck for a year before me..
Ahh, that must be where they put it on bench seat trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread