Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ccv oil return and monster ram

Gus

Reaction score
So went to install my back Friday deal monster ram on my 14 2500. Low and behold I snapped the stupid thin plastic on this part.
It’s comes from the CCV down to just next to the CP3. Called the dealer and ordered the broken hose. Besides my anger for whatever lame person decided to use thin stupid molded plastic. I yanked the rest of the pieces out. May have been glued in by factory I don’t know. Seems to be in a tight spot. Before I go crazy thinking about how I’m getting it back together. Am I missing something? It looks like everything just slips on there are no clamps, but with my luck it can’t be that easy. Any tips would help me sleep at night. Thanks guys.

1686b65254da8d29bdb48a24957b1f17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superjoe83

Reaction score
That looks like it's the oil drain from the crankcase filter, it should just push on to the nipples

Reactions: Gus

Gus

Reaction score
I saw that for the top two lines connected to the CCV. The bottom part that goes down to the block also seems to just slide in right? I figure a 12in angled needle noses will help me slide it on the lower part blocks nipple. But I also figured with my luck it can’t just be that easy.

I seem to live by the motto “ it’s done right cuz it’s done twice”

Gus

Reaction score
Update. Dealer gave me a replacement part that was not manufactured correctly, the y connection was upside down. Drove an hour and a half for a dealer that had it. Finished the install. Cranked up the truck and it looks like the 6 fuel line is leaking. I knew I shouldn’t have put the sound foam on. Now back to removing some parts to get the foam off to check all the lines. I have to get this done by tomorrow or else we have to cancel vacation. I am kicking myself in the ass for even doing all this. I live in so cal hardly ever use the grid heater, but paranoia got the best of me.
Had to remove the wheel well to get the hose back on.

Gus

Reaction score
Pulled the noise cover off the injector lines. Pain the the ass with everything back on. Tightened the last two fuel lines to 30 ft lbs again and ran the truck at idle for 4 min. No leaks. I can hear ticks that come and go from the injector lines not consistent and they fade as the truck warms up. Probably normal? I think that’s what the noise cover baffles. No CEL, going to do a Costco run in an hour so I’ll check again for leaks when I get back.

Gus

Reaction score
Alright gents, after an hour of driving around the wife and kids on errands today, no active leaks on the ground. I’ll let her sit over night and check tomorrow again. I’ll upload some pictures tomorrow of the final project. Now it’s time for a beer.

Arth

Reaction score
Alright gents, after an hour of driving around the wife and kids on errands today, no active leaks on the ground. I’ll let her sit over night and check tomorrow again. I’ll upload some pictures tomorrow of the final project. Now it’s time for a beer.

In Sol Cal as well. Thinking about doing this on my 22 here soon.

Interested to see pics.

Gus

Reaction score
Here ya go.
a13df92c07948ffec13ac7d922508a72.jpg

8eba182fd10bf4ade783369a714ff3c8.jpg

717be5cd8f3f5e2ece9abf91db6a9b3f.jpg

Pearce

Reaction score
So how dirty, curdy, or caked up was the stock intake horn? Was like I see on all the YouTube videos?

Gus

Reaction score
Now there is the best question. The truck has almost 60k and it’s a 14 so the manual gets rid of the egr cleaning at I think was at 75k on 13’s. There wasn’t a caked on layer upon layer of soot. I’ll upload some picks of the old horn. I mean yea it has some but not anywhere near the pictures. But I have heard that some years the egr works more than others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread