Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carplay intermittent

Bertrrr

Reaction score
The car play does not come up when I plug in my I phone , sometimes it does bur lately it's very unreliable.
I've swapped cables and tried the wife's phone and still same results.
I've gone into settings and enabled it ( which it was already enabled ) so that was not the issue ,
Not sure if I need to update some firmware or what .
Any Ideas or tips would be great , thanks
Vin number is 3c6-ur5fl6mg-590784
2021 Laramie

steve49

Reaction score
When you plug your phone in, do you also unlock the phone? If I don't unlock my phone, carplay doesn't appear until I do so.

Bertrrr

Reaction score
yes i've tried everything I can think of and am pretty sure it's truck related

Wanderlust073

Reaction score
What model iphone? I got a 15 last month and more often than not the piece of **** has to be plugged/unplugged/plugged half a dozen times before carplay activates. Different cables including Apples’ makes no difference.

Plenty of complaints around the web about it. Never an issue with my 14.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Check setting on your phone. Sometimes phone updates mess up some setting.

Bertrrr

Reaction score
I have an I phone 6+ , tried my wife's I phone 7 with new cables , makes no difference , never know if it will work or not, There is no method to the madness, I've reset the phone, reboot each, looked at every setting on both the truck and phone and everything is good, My phone is connected to U connect but the USB option on media selection is Grayed out and can't be selected.
Tomorrow it may show up when connected , there seems to be a glitch in Uconnect

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Had her disconnect? my phone from the truck, it was driving me nuts….turn the phone off when charging.
She does the plug the phone and do stuff thing, it does give her trouble sometimes. She tries until it works, a few times maybe.

Last edited:

Bertrrr

Reaction score
Seeing the message popup " Hubs Not supported " What does this mean ?

steve49

Reaction score

Bertrrr

Reaction score
If it was the age of the phone it would never work , this stupid thing works and then it doesn't never know when the glitch will show up. It appears there is a problem with U connect and lots of people are experiencing the same problem. I'm trying a factory reset next

AndyBern

Reaction score
Mine intermittently (maybe 20% of the time) does not recognize a thumbdrive in the USB slot. May be the same problem.

KaoticDually

Reaction score
I’m getting CarPlay issues as well. 1 day it’ll work fine the next it won’t work at all. Answering calls I can hear the person but the person can’t hear me.

Users who are viewing this thread