Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carplay fails on 2023 2500 12"

Creeker

Reaction score
I keep having Carplay fail on my 2023.

I have it going, have connected my iPhone, and when it works it's great (I use it with Gaia GPS for offroading). But when I shut off the vehicle, and then restart, Carplay is no longer available and all the options, buttons, etc I try to get it going again don't work. Including restarting phone and truck. Connecting via USB. Trying to connect to the truck via wifi (not the hotspot, but the Uconnect SSID), doesn't work either. I can get the phone connected for music or calls, just not Carplay.

Oddly, the next morning it auto connects and it works again until I stop, then it's prone to disappear again. I noticed it doesn't seem to shut off when I turn off the engine IF Carplay is in use, vs say I switched to Media to mess with SiriusXM or something.

So I can't figure out the pattern of what's going wrong, and how to fix it.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I used to have these issues prior to installing T27.46 on my truck. What would keep it away from a while was a hard reset of the radio - Press and hold the power button until it reboots. When it would get real bad I'd have to factory reset the radio. If your truck doesn't have T27.46 yet due to OTA you can manually install it from the drive link here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SFHnoTEe9RHnudvt-zxvBYR9PoZ-wApy

HugoSC

Reaction score
I had the same problems in mine. Started about a couple months after buying it. I ended up factory resetting the connect system at the advice of Ram and so far it seems to have corrected the problem. Just be prepared to reprogram everything.

Users who are viewing this thread