Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli shocks....not Fox

phatboy64

Reaction score
So this may be old news but it was new to me.

I was ordering a Carli 3.25" Backcountry kit and the folks at CJC told me that they no longer come with Fox shocks, Carli is making their own shocks so moving forward the kits will come with Carli shocks and not Fox shocks.

Zuber

Reaction score
The shocks they were working on look like emulsion shocks. I.E. not gas pressured. These work ok, but aren't great when pushed.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Edited: received clarification from cjc

These are not emulsion shocks despite them not mentioning nitrogen in the video. Chrome plated shaft is cheaper than a stainless shaft but most entry level shocks (2.0) have chrome plated shafts. These are IFP so they’re nitrogen charged shocks with an internal floating piston to separate the oil and nitrogen. That’s what fox 2.0 ifp are.

Last edited:

Bajaboy7

Reaction score
FYI: Fox emulsion shocks ARE nitrogen charged. Emulsion means that there is no separator to keep the nitrogen from mixing with the fluid.

phatboy64

Reaction score
The Kings are some seriously well built shocks. If in the budget upgrade to some pintops!
The only down side to the Kings is that they are steel bodies, 4130 chromoly to be exact, which is not corrosion resistant. so if you live in the salt belt or drive on the beach a lot they will start to corrode and look like crap unless you apply come sort of protective coating.. I split my time between New England and the coast of NC, so I went with the Carli/Fox backcountry reservoir shocks. I did put on a King steering stabilizer but had it wrapped in PPF before installing it.

BikePilot

Reaction score
The only down side to the Kings is that they are steel bodies, 4130 chromoly to be exact, which is not corrosion resistant. so if you live in the salt belt or drive on the beach a lot they will start to corrode and look like crap unless you apply come sort of protective coating.. I split my time between New England and the coast of NC, so I went with the Carli/Fox backcountry reservoir shocks. I did put on a King steering stabilizer but had it wrapped in PPF before installing it.
Yep with kings in salty environments you have to wrap it or order the ceracoate option.

Users who are viewing this thread