Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli kings on hemi. 2in vs 3in thuren?

Ligma69

Reaction score
I added some carli king shocks to my 2022 2500 hemi. Cjc offroad recommended I use thurens 3in or 2in coils. I went with the 3in. Did I do the right choice? What's the the difference, since they were made for 2.5in coils?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231008_161709_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231008_161709_Gallery.jpg
    688.8 KB · Views: 69

MtnRider

Reaction score
I added some carli king shocks to my 2022 2500 hemi. Cjc offroad recommended I use thurens 3in or 2in coils. I went with the 3in. Did I do the right choice? What's the the difference, since they were made for 2.5in coils?

Your post is confusing, what is the question you are trying to ask? Do you think your shocks are too short? Is there an issue you are having?

CJC knows what they are talking about, I doubt they would steer you wrong either way

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
What @firemansdiesel said. The 2" Thuren's should leave a small amount of rake, the 2.5" Carli should be just about level, and the 3" Thuren will land you nose high without some sort of rear lift. The 3" Thuren springs are basically maxed out for lift on a an otherwise stock front end without doing radius arm drops or replacement radius arms - Carli's 3.25" springs require radius and bump drops per Carli. Those numbers are also truck dependent as different configurations/aftermarket addons will net differing amounts of lift as well as factoring in which springs came on the truck stock based on its configuration.

Based on your picture there I would personally swap to the 2" Thuren Springs or at-least get some of the Thuren rear spring shims to get that back end up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread