Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo Camera Question

motormike

Reaction score
Cargo camera question pls: I have a 2019 Laramie I bought used a year ago, has everything as far as I can tell, except the surround camera. My bed cargo camera does not have the magnification button or grid line for use with a 5th wheel/goose neck hitch. My question is does anyone know if I have to have the surround camera to have those options or is that something the dealer can activate or I could with one of those high speed low drag computer obd links? Thank you in advance for any info.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Cargo camera question pls: I have a 2019 Laramie I bought used a year ago, has everything as far as I can tell, except the surround camera. My bed cargo camera does not have the magnification button or grid line for use with a 5th wheel/goose neck hitch. My question is does anyone know if I have to have the surround camera to have those options or is that something the dealer can activate or I could with one of those high speed low drag computer obd links? Thank you in advance for any info.
Have you checked in the Uconnect settings for the cargo cam grid lines? I dont think they have the magnification like the tailgate cam does

Mwoods

Reaction score
Have you checked in the Uconnect settings for the cargo cam grid lines? I dont think they have the magnification like the tailgate cam does
I have done that. I've just seen it on other trucks.

blbrown

Reaction score
I believe there are two different cameras, one is analog and the other is digital. If you have the surround system, then I think you get the digital camera that can zoom. The non surround camera is analog with no zoom or grid lines.
I installed the bed camera in my 2020 with the analog camera.

Users who are viewing this thread