Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build Recommendations!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I didn't realize that the Salta wheels are 3lbs lighter per wheel than the Katla. That's a pretty serious weight difference all things considered.
Curious to see the method non-beadlock weights. Just picked up a set of method beadlocks for my buddy and they were 35.4lb each.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I have the 701 HDs so they are the bead grip, not bead locks and they weigh just under 38lbs per wheel
Makes sense for an HD wheel to be heavier. The wheels we picked up were for a jeep, much less weight capacity.

I don’t see the weights listed on cjc for the methods so thanks for chiming in.

tchur1

Reaction score
Makes sense for an HD wheel to be heavier. The wheels we picked up were for a jeep, much less weight capacity.

I don’t see the weights listed on cjc for the methods so thanks for chiming in.
Definitely. No worries - method lists the all of the specs of their wheels directly on their website too if you want to check there.

I know CJC says they have a partnership with Method for a few of their wheels with proper backspacing and offset to fit Ram trucks but I cant figure out whats different about their wheels vs the ones directly on Methods website. I bought 701s directly from method and they fit my 37s on stock suspension just fine. Very minor trimming of the fender liner was all I needed to clear them.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Definitely. No worries - method lists the all of the specs of their wheels directly on their website too if you want to check there.

I know CJC says they have a partnership with Method for a few of their wheels with proper backspacing and offset to fit Ram trucks but I cant figure out whats different about their wheels vs the ones directly on Methods website. I bought 701s directly from method and they fit my 37s on stock suspension just fine. Very minor trimming of the fender liner was all I needed to clear them.
The difference between the Method wheels direct from Method vs the CJC exclusive is a very minor offset difference. For example, the Method 704 direct from Method has a 0 offset, where as the CJC exclusive of the same wheel has a +18mm offset. That's 0.7" difference between the two. A more positive offset will mean slightly less trimming, where as a 0 offset will give a hair more poke but require a bit more trimming. For most guys that are exclusively street, or almost exclusively street I'd say there is probably no serious difference between the two. When you're talking off roading with heavy articulation thats where the extra trimming is going to be required.

tchur1

Reaction score
The difference between the Method wheels direct from Method vs the CJC exclusive is a very minor offset difference. For example, the Method 704 direct from Method has a 0 offset, where as the CJC exclusive of the same wheel has a +18mm offset. That's 0.7" difference between the two. A more positive offset will mean slightly less trimming, where as a 0 offset will give a hair more poke but require a bit more trimming. For most guys that are exclusively street, or almost exclusively street I'd say there is probably no serious difference between the two. When you're talking off roading with heavy articulation thats where the extra trimming is going to be required.
I think that is accurate for the regular 704s, but not the 704Hds that are both on CJCs website and direct from method. They are the exact same wheel from what I can tell -
From CJC:
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 11.03.41 AM.png
From Method directly:
Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 11.03.32 AM.png

Not trying to start a pissing match, just sharing what I have seen. My guess is that CJC developed the wheels with Method but I dont think they are exclusive to CJC at this point.

Apologies OP - I have derailed your thread severely and ill shut my mouth now lol

UglyViking

Reaction score
I think that is accurate for the regular 704s, but not the 704Hds that are both on CJCs website and direct from method. They are the exact same wheel from what I can tell -
From CJC:
View attachment 48788
From Method directly:
View attachment 48789

Not trying to start a pissing match, just sharing what I have seen. My guess is that CJC developed the wheels with Method but I dont think they are exclusive to CJC at this point.

Apologies OP - I have derailed your thread severely and ill shut my mouth now lol
I didn't realize that subtle distinction, good catch! It may have been a timed exclusive.

akguy09

Reaction score
Spare tire storage I understand.

I would not worry about gearing with 37s. PW comes standard with 4.10s so with 37s your effectively running 3.73 rear end which IMO is more then sufficient. I have 37s on mine with 3.73 gears and hardly noticed a difference, granted its a diesel but sharing my experience. I also live at 7k feet.

I would say that a Turbo Diesel with 2x the torque to start with would make less of a difference.

I live at about 7K and no way would I want 37's on my PW between the hills an elevation, even towing a small trailer wouldn't allow me to use 7/8th. Pulling some hills right now with 6K total weight in a dump trailer my truck is in 5th or even 4th up some hills to maintain 65. and I am still on stock tires.

My point is, not every PW owner needs 37's depending on the type of usage and driver skill, are they cool looking, "yes" necessary "not always"

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I pulled a 6K trailer and a loaded bed up a 11 1/2% grade as per the off road page meter with no issues on 35s. Granted I wasnt going fast, but my PW 6.4 pulled it with no issues.

the waker

Reaction score
2018 power wagon. looking at putting on 37x12.5 tires on either stock 17in wheels or new 18in wheels. i want the tires to stay flush with the fenders, NOT sticking out the sides. anyone with recs? real world experience? pics? thanks! (also posted this in the "lets see those 35s and 37s" thread).

tchur1

Reaction score
2018 power wagon. looking at putting on 37x12.5 tires on either stock 17in wheels or new 18in wheels. i want the tires to stay flush with the fenders, NOT sticking out the sides. anyone with recs? real world experience? pics? thanks! (also posted this in the "lets see those 35s and 37s" thread).
Check out any wheel with a +25 ish offset and you’ll have minimum poke. My brother has a 22 PW on AEV saltas which are +27 and 37s and they sit just about flush.

UglyViking

Reaction score
The general recommendation is +18 to +25 that gets you clearance to the swaybar and radius arm, minimal if any poke, and requires the least amount of trimming if any.

Soapy

Reaction score
CJC also offers some Raceline Wheels with the correct offset that cost a little less than the Method wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread